Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Invigorate'
- heighten or intensify; "These paintings exalt the imagination" [syn: inspire, animate, enliven, exalt]
- give life or energy to; "The cold water invigorated him" [syn: quicken]
- make lively; "let's liven up this room a bit" [syn: enliven, liven, liven up, animate] [ant: deaden]
- impart vigor, strength, or vitality to; "Exercise is invigorating" [syn: reinvigorate]
- Invigorate \In*vig"or*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Invigorated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Invigorating.] [Pref. in- in + vigor.]
To give vigor to; to strengthen; to animate; to give life and
Christian graces and virtues they can not be, unless
fed, invigorated, and animated by universal charity.
Syn: To refresh; animate; exhilarate; stimulate.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Invigorate'
One Word Extinguisher is the second album by Scott Herren released under the Prefuse 73 moniker. It was released on May 6, 2003 on Warp Records to very favorable reviews. The last two tracks on this album are unlisted and untitled on the CD and are not on the vinyl edition. They are, however, named on the Bleep website.[See more about Invigorate at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Invigorate'
Invigorate Sample Sentences in News
- Federal Reserve head Janet Yellen says US job market still needs help
Fed continues to face challenges in efforts to invigorate the US economy's recovery from recession, says central bank chair Continue reading... Read more on this news related to 'Invigorate'
- Poignancy and quirkiness invigorate 'Rest' at South Coast Rep
Excellent writing, fine acting and a touch of neurosis add sparkle to the stark facts of life in an Idaho retirement home. If the producers of the HBO series "Getting On" go to Costa Mesa to see Samuel D. Hunter's "Rest," the American theater might lose another talented playwright to television. Read more on this news related to 'Invigorate'
- Leadership vote to 'invigorate' Labor
March 27, 2014, 10 a.m. ALP state secretary John Dowling expects a rank and file ballot to decide the next Labor leader will "invigorate" the party after a terrible election loss. Read more on this news related to 'Invigorate'