Intermittent Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- stopping and starting at irregular intervals; "intermittent rain showers"
- stopping and starting at regular intervals
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intermittent'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Intermittent'
- Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy: Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy is a disorder of the hair follicle leading to increased fragility of the shaft, with no identifiable biochemical disturbance
- Intermittent catheterisation: Intermittent catheterisation is a medical technique used in conditions where patients need short term catheter-based management of the urinary bladder
- Intermittent mandatory ventilation: Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (IMV) refers to any mode of mechanical ventilation where a regular series of breaths are scheduled but the ventilator
- Intermittent claudication: Intermittent claudication (Latin: claudicatio intermittens) is a symptom that describes muscle pain (ache, cramp, numbness or sense of fatigue), classically
- Intermittent explosive disorder: Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger, often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate
- Acute intermittent porphyria: Acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is a rare autosomal dominant metabolic disorder affecting the production of heme, the oxygen-binding prosthetic group
- Intermittent mechanism: The intermittent mechanism or intermittent movement is the device by which film is regularly advanced and then held in place for a brief duration of time
Words and phrases related to 'Intermittent'
Intermittent Sample Sentences in News
- Global Intermittent Catheters Market 2019 - Uncoated, Coated and Closed System Intermittent Catheters Analysis
Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
A disorder of impulsive aggression has been included in DSM since the first edition. In DSM-III, this disorder was codified as Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) and was thought to be rare. Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'
- Research and Markets: Intermittent Claudication Pipeline Review 2015 - 9 Companies & 11 Drug Profiles
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Intermittent Claudication - Pipeline Review, H1 2015" repor Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'