Intermittent Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- stopping and starting at irregular intervals; "intermittent rain showers"
- stopping and starting at regular intervals
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intermittent'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Intermittent'
- Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy: Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy is a disorder of the hair follicle leading to increased fragility of the shaft, with no identifiable biochemical disturbance
- Intermittent catheterisation: Intermittent catheterisation is a medical technique used in conditions where patients need either short term catheter-based management of the urinary bladder
- Intermittent mandatory ventilation: Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (IMV) refers to any mode of mechanical ventilation where a regular series of breaths are scheduled but the ventilator
- Intermittent claudication: Intermittent claudication (Latin: claudicatio intermittens) is a symptom that describes muscle pain (ache, cramp, numbness or sense of fatigue), classically
- Acute intermittent porphyria: Acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is a rare autosomal dominant metabolic disorder affecting the production of heme, the oxygen-binding prosthetic group
- Intermittent mechanism: The intermittent mechanism or intermittent movement is the device by which film is regularly advanced and then held in place for a brief duration of time
- Intermittent inductive automatic train stop (US): For other uses, see Automatic Train Stop. The intermittent inductive automatic train stop (also referred to as IIATS or just automatic train stop or ATS)
Words and phrases related to 'Intermittent'