Intermittent Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- stopping and starting at irregular intervals; "intermittent rain showers"
- stopping and starting at regular intervals
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intermittent'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Intermittent'
- Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy: Intermittent hair–follicle dystrophy is a disorder of the hair follicle leading to increased fragility of the shaft, with no identifiable biochemical disturbance
- Intermittent catheterisation: Intermittent catheterisation is a medical technique used in conditions where patients need short term catheter-based management of the urinary bladder
- Intermittent mandatory ventilation: Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (IMV) refers to any mode of mechanical ventilation where a regular series of breaths are scheduled but the ventilator
- Intermittent claudication: Intermittent claudication (Latin: claudicatio intermittens) is a symptom that describes muscle pain (ache, cramp, numbness or sense of fatigue), classically
- Intermittent explosive disorder: Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger, often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate
- Intermittent mechanism: The intermittent mechanism or intermittent movement is the device by which film is regularly advanced and then held in place for a brief duration of time
- Acute intermittent porphyria: Acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is a rare autosomal dominant metabolic disorder affecting the production of heme, the oxygen-binding prosthetic group
Words and phrases related to 'Intermittent'