Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Insulation'
Insulation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the state of being isolated or detached; "the insulation of England was preserved by the English Channel" [syn: insularity, insularism, detachment]
- a material that reduces or prevents the transmission of heat or sound or electricity [syn: insulating material, insulant]
- the act of protecting something by surrounding it with material that reduces or prevents the transmission of sound or heat or electricity
- Insulation \In`su*la"tion\, n.
- The act of insulating, or the state of being insulated; detachment from other objects; isolation.
- (Elec. & Thermotics) The act of separating a body from others by nonconductors, so as to prevent the transfer of electricity or of heat; also, the state of a body so separated.
- Insulation \In`su*la"tion\, n.
The material or substance used in insulating.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Insulation'
- Insulation: Insulation may mean: Building insulation , added to buildings for comfort and energy efficiency. known as acoustic insulation, any means of ...
- Building insulation: Building insulation refers broadly to any object in a building used as insulation for any purpose. While the majority of insulation in ...
- Thermal insulation: The term thermal insulation can refer either to materials used to reduce the rate of heat transfer , or the methods and processes used to ...
- Building insulation materials: Building insulation materials are thermal insulation used in the construction or retrofit of buildings. The materials are used to reduce ...
- R-value (insulation): important factor to consider is that studs and windows provide a parallel heat conduction path that is unaffected by the insulation's R-value. ...
- Insulation-displacement connector: Insulation-displacement connectors and the related Insulation-piercing connectors are designed to be connected to the conductor of an ...
- Cellulose insulation: The word cellulose comes from the French word for a living cellule and glucose , which is sugar. Building insulation is low- thermal- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Insulation'
Insulation Sample Sentences in News
- Insulation Industries Expands Fiber Insulation Inventory
Insulation Industries announces the expansion of their inventory to include Krendl machines, a new warehouse, and equipment refurbishing services. (PRWeb August 28, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/insulation-equipment/insulation-machines/prweb12128162.htm Read more on this news related to 'Insulation'
- Thermal Insulation stops heat conduction in tight spaces.
Based on Insulon® Shaped-Vacuum™ technology, Thermal Barrier Insulation uses power of extremely deep, shaped vacuum to block conductive transfer of thermal energy. Because sizes and shapes are virtually unlimited, potential applications span wide range of industries, including medical devices, electronics, military, and aerospace uses. This story is rel Read more on this news related to 'Insulation'
- Govt must learn from batts bungle: parents
The Abbott government must heed the recommendations in a report into Labor's botched home insulation scheme, the parents of a victim say. Read more on this news related to 'Insulation'