Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Injection'
Injection Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the forceful insertion of a substance under pressure
- any solution that is injected (as into the skin) [syn: injectant]
- the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe; "the nurse gave him a flu shot" [syn: shot]
- Injection \In*jec"tion\, n. [L. injectio : cf.F. injection.]
- The act of injecting or throwing in; -- applied particularly to the forcible throwing in of a liquid, or a["e]riform body, by means of a syringe, pump, etc.
- That which is injected; especially, a liquid medicine thrown into a cavity of the body by a syringe or pipe; a clyster; an enema. --Mayne.
- (Anat.) (a) The act or process of filling vessels, cavities, or tissues with a fluid or other substance. (b) A specimen prepared by injection.
- (Steam Eng.) (a) The act of throwing cold water into a condenser to produce a vacuum. (b) The cold water thrown into a condenser. Injection cock, or Injection valve (Steam Eng.), the cock or valve through which cold water is admitted into a condenser. Injection condenser. See under Condenser. Injection pipe, the pipe through which cold water is through into the condenser of a steam engine.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Injection'
- Injection: Injection may refer to: Injection (medicine), it is a method of putting liquid into the body with a syringe and a hollow needle that ...
- Fuel injection: Fuel injection is a system for mixing fuel with air in an internal combustion engine . It has become the primary fuel delivery system ...
- Injection (medicine): An injection (often referred to as a "shot" or a "jab") is an infusion method of putting fluid into the body , usually with a hollow ...
- Injection molding: Injection moulding (American English: molding) is a manufacturing process for producing parts from both thermoplastic and thermosetting ...
- Intramuscular injection: Intramuscular (or IM) injection is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle . In medicine , it is one of several alternative ...
- SQL injection: SQL injection is a code injection technique that exploits a security vulnerability occurring in the database layer of an application . ...
- Drug injection: In substance dependence and recreational drug use , drug injection is a method of introducing a drug into the body with a hollow needle ...
Words and phrases related to 'Injection'