Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Injection'
Injection Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the forceful insertion of a substance under pressure
- any solution that is injected (as into the skin) [syn: injectant]
- the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe; "the nurse gave him a flu shot" [syn: shot]
- Injection \In*jec"tion\, n. [L. injectio : cf.F. injection.]
- The act of injecting or throwing in; -- applied particularly to the forcible throwing in of a liquid, or a["e]riform body, by means of a syringe, pump, etc.
- That which is injected; especially, a liquid medicine thrown into a cavity of the body by a syringe or pipe; a clyster; an enema. --Mayne.
- (Anat.) (a) The act or process of filling vessels, cavities, or tissues with a fluid or other substance. (b) A specimen prepared by injection.
- (Steam Eng.) (a) The act of throwing cold water into a condenser to produce a vacuum. (b) The cold water thrown into a condenser. Injection cock, or Injection valve (Steam Eng.), the cock or valve through which cold water is admitted into a condenser. Injection condenser. See under Condenser. Injection pipe, the pipe through which cold water is through into the condenser of a steam engine.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Injection'
- Injection: Injection may refer to: Injection (medicine), it is a method of putting liquid into the body with a syringe and a hollow needle that ...
- Fuel injection: Fuel injection is a system for mixing fuel with air in an internal combustion engine . It has become the primary fuel delivery system ...
- Injection (medicine): An injection (often referred to as a "shot" or a "jab") is an infusion method of putting fluid into the body , usually with a hollow ...
- Injection molding: Injection moulding (American English: molding) is a manufacturing process for producing parts from both thermoplastic and thermosetting ...
- Intramuscular injection: Intramuscular (or IM) injection is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle . In medicine , it is one of several alternative ...
- SQL injection: SQL injection is a code injection technique that exploits a security vulnerability occurring in the database layer of an application . ...
- Drug injection: In substance dependence and recreational drug use , drug injection is a method of introducing a drug into the body with a hollow needle ...
Words and phrases related to 'Injection'
Injection Sample Sentences in News
- Oklahoma Death Row Inmate Died From Lethal Injection, Not Heart Attack
Autopsy reveals officials at "botched" execution attempted to tap a vein in Clayton Lockett's groin, chest, neck, both arms and one of his feet Read more on this news related to 'Injection'
- Autopsy: Inmate in botched Oklahoma execution died from lethal injection
A medical examiner determined that the inmate died from the injection, despite the highly publicized botch. Read more on this news related to 'Injection'
- Injection Molding Machines Procurement Category Market Research Report Now Available from IBISWorld
During the three years to 2014, the price of injection molding machines is expected to increase, primarily due to higher demand from key buyers resulting from rising corporate profit and private investment in industrial equipment and machinery; during the three years to 2017, the price of injection molding machines is forecast to increase due to rising demand amon Read more on this news related to 'Injection'