Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Informal'
Informal Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not formal; "conservative people unaccustomed to informal dress"; "an informal free-and-easy manner"; "an informal gathering of friends" [ant: formal]
- not officially recognized or controlled; "an informal agreement"; "a loose organization of the local farmers" [syn: loose]
- used of spoken and written language [ant: formal]
- having or fostering a warm or friendly atmosphere; especially through smallness and informality; "had a cozy chat"; "a relaxed informal manner"; "an intimate cocktail lounge"; "the small room was cozy and intimate" [syn: cozy, intimate]
- Informal \In*form"al\, a. [Pref. in- not + formal.]
- Not in the regular, usual, or established form; not according to official, conventional, prescribed, or customary forms or rules; irregular; hence, without ceremony; as, an informal writting, proceeding, or visit.
- Deranged in mind; out of one's senses. [Obs.] These poor informal women. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Informal'
- Informal sector: The informal sector or informal economy is the part of an economy that is not tax ed, monitored by any form of government or included in ...
- Informal logic: The precise nature and definition of informal logic are matters of some dispute Ralph H. Johnson and J. Anthony Blair define informal ...
- Informal fallacy: An informal fallacy is an argument whose stated premises fail to support their proposed conclusion The deviation in an informal fallacy ...
- Informal attire: Informal attire, also called International business attire or Western business attire is a dress code , typified by a suit and necktie , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Informal'
Informal Sample Sentences in News
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
Secretary of Interior and Local Government Mar Roxas today said that the Aquino administration is determined to relocate more informal settler families to safer and better communities under "Oplan Likas" or Lumikas para Iwas sa Kalamidad at Sakit being spearheaded by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG). Read more on this news related to 'Informal'
- LGUs: Keep danger areas free of illegal structures!
The sad truth in this tragic story is that the mishap could have been avoided had the informal settler families been restricted from returning to the danger area, a hillside landfill in Bgy. The other disturbing news concerned a published report that, in just a brief period after government had poured billions of pesos into one of the country’s biggest relocatio Read more on this news related to 'Informal'
- Mar Roxas: Creekside slums being cleared at 200 families a week
Informal settlers living along eight major waterways in Metro Manila are being relocated to safer communities at 200 families every week as part of the government’s flood-control initiatives, according to Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas. Read more on this news related to 'Informal'