Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Informal'
Informal Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not formal; "conservative people unaccustomed to informal dress"; "an informal free-and-easy manner"; "an informal gathering of friends" [ant: formal]
- not officially recognized or controlled; "an informal agreement"; "a loose organization of the local farmers" [syn: loose]
- used of spoken and written language [ant: formal]
- having or fostering a warm or friendly atmosphere; especially through smallness and informality; "had a cozy chat"; "a relaxed informal manner"; "an intimate cocktail lounge"; "the small room was cozy and intimate" [syn: cozy, intimate]
- Informal \In*form"al\, a. [Pref. in- not + formal.]
- Not in the regular, usual, or established form; not according to official, conventional, prescribed, or customary forms or rules; irregular; hence, without ceremony; as, an informal writting, proceeding, or visit.
- Deranged in mind; out of one's senses. [Obs.] These poor informal women. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Informal'
- Informal sector: The informal sector or informal economy is the part of an economy that is not tax ed, monitored by any form of government or included in ...
- Informal logic: The precise nature and definition of informal logic are matters of some dispute Ralph H. Johnson and J. Anthony Blair define informal ...
- Informal fallacy: An informal fallacy is an argument whose stated premises fail to support their proposed conclusion The deviation in an informal fallacy ...
- Informal attire: Informal attire, also called International business attire or Western business attire is a dress code , typified by a suit and necktie , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Informal'
Informal Sample Sentences in News
- Photo marks Edward's 50th birthday
An informal photograph of the Earl of Wessex looking relaxed surrounded by his wife and children has been released to mark his 50th birthday. Read more on this news related to 'Informal'
- P1.2B housing project to benefit Valenzuela informal settlers
The Valenzuela government has unveiled an ambitious program that will free the areas near waterways in the city of informal settlers in three years’ time. Read more on this news related to 'Informal'
- Want A Stronger Work Ethic? Learn How To Raise Informal Leaders
When informal leaders emerge out of the network of enterprise collaboration, do they end up with the same dilemmas of juggling their attention as formal leaders? If you become a recognized leader because of your participation in your enterprise social or collaboration, it is likely you will have more and more people coming to ask for your input or your help. This Read more on this news related to 'Informal'