Inflated Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- expanded by (or as if by) gas or air; "an inflated balloon"
- enlarged beyond truth or reasonableness; "had an exaggerated (or inflated) opinion of himself"; "a hyperbolic style"
- increased especially to abnormal levels; "the raised prices frightened away customers"; "inflated wages"; "an inflated economy"
- pretentious (especially with regard to language or ideals); "high-flown talk of preserving the moral tone of the school"; "a high-sounding dissertation on the means to attain social revolution"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Inflated'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inflated'
- Zero-inflated model: In statistics, a zero-inflated model is a statistical model based on a zero-inflated probability distribution, i.e. a distribution that allows for frequent
- Inflated heelsplitter: The Inflated heelsplitter (Potamilus inflatus) is a species of freshwater mussel, an aquatic bivalve mollusk in the family Unionidae, the river mussels
- Inflated sedge: Inflated sedge may refer to: Carex intumescens, bladder sedge Carex vesicaria, blister sedge
- List of wealthiest non-inflated historical figures: List of wealthiest historical figures. The list of the wealthiest non-inflated historical figures is given in U.S. dollars for simple comparison purposes
- The Inflated Tear: The Inflated Tear is an album by Roland Kirk released in 1968. One of his most popular albums and sometimes regarded as his magnum opus, it established
Words and phrases related to 'Inflated'
Inflated Sample Sentences in News
- Belichick Blames Under-Inflated Balls on 'Climatic Conditions'
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick today said "climatic conditions" were to blame for the footballs that were under-inflated Sunday for the AFC Championship game. Read more on this news related to 'Inflated'
- Belichick: 'Climatic Conditions' May Have Under-Inflated Balls
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick says "climatic conditions" may have been to blame for the footballs being under-inflated Sunday for the AFC Championship game. Read more on this news related to 'Inflated'
- NFL Says Patriots Used Under-Inflated Balls During 1st Half
The NFL acknowledged for the first time today that the New England Patriots used under-inflated balls in the first half of Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts. Read more on this news related to 'Inflated'