Infirm Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- weak and feeble; "I''m feeling seedy today"
- lacking firmness of will or character or purpose; "infirm of purpose; give me the daggers" - Shakespeare
- lacking physical strength or vitality; "a feeble old woman"; "her body looked sapless"
- confined to bed (by illness)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Infirm'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Infirm'
- Jesus healing an infirm woman: Jesus healing an infirm woman is one of the miracles of Jesus in the Gospels (Luke 13:10-17). According to the Gospel, Jesus was teaching in one of the
- Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm: The Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm are a religious institute begun in 1929 by Mother Angeline Teresa (Bridget Teresa McCrory). The order is
- Cambridge Home for the Aged and Infirm: The Cambridge Home for the Aged and Infirm is an historic building on 650 Concord Avenue in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is now operated as Neville Place
Words and phrases related to 'Infirm'
Infirm Sample Sentences in News
- Council aide Gonzalez gets probation, restitution in benefits theft
A City Council aide who admitted stealing almost $25,000 in Social Security benefits from an elderly, infirm Kensington woman was sentenced Thursday to four years of probation and ordered to repay the money. Read more on this news related to 'Infirm'
- Kudankulam Unit-I commercial run in Jan
NPCIL allowed to feed infirm power into grid till Jan. 22 Read more on this news related to 'Infirm'
- This Just In
The former Shreveport fire captain who headed up Fire Station No. 8 when the sex and abuse scandal took place in June 2013 today pleaded guilty to one charge of cruelty to the infirm and one charge of principal to prostitution. Read more on this news related to 'Infirm'