Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Infidelity'
- Infidelity \In`fi*del"i*ty\, n.; pl. Infidelities. [L.
infidelitas: cf. F. infid['e]lit['e].]
- Want of faith or belief in some religious system; especially, a want of faith in, or disbelief of, the inspiration of the Scriptures, of the divine origin of Christianity. There is, indeed, no doubt but that vanity is one of the principal causes of infidelity. --V. Knox.
- Unfaithfulness to the marriage vow or contract; violation of the marriage covenant by adultery.
- Breach of trust; unfaithfulness to a charge, or to moral obligation; treachery; deceit; as, the infidelity of a servant. ``The infidelity of friends.'' --Sir W. Temple.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Infidelity'
Types of relationships Family · Marriage Husband · Wife Soulmate · Significant other Siblings · Cousin Domestic partnership Widowhood
Boyfriend · Girlfriend Cohabitation · Casual Romantic friendship · Sexual partner
Friendship · Kinship Monogamy · Same-sex relationship Non-monogamy · Open marriage Polyamory · Polyfidelity · Polygamy
Mistress (lover) · Cicisbeo · Concubinage · Courtesan ·[See more about Infidelity at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Infidelity'
Infidelity Sample Sentences in News
- Financial infidelity: Are you a cheater?
Financial infidelity might sound sexy. But in fact, it's a serious breach of trust in a relationship and can result in a big argument, or worse. Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'
- Facebook and infidelity: Part cause, part symptom
Many times a week, Russell Moore talks with couples “who are in crisis because of an act of infidelity.” And he’s done so for years, as a pastor, teacher, seminary... Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'
- The high cost of marital infidelity
The average affair lasts six months and costs $444 a month, or $2,664 in total. Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'