Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Infidelity'
- Infidelity \In`fi*del"i*ty\, n.; pl. Infidelities. [L.
infidelitas: cf. F. infid['e]lit['e].]
- Want of faith or belief in some religious system; especially, a want of faith in, or disbelief of, the inspiration of the Scriptures, of the divine origin of Christianity. There is, indeed, no doubt but that vanity is one of the principal causes of infidelity. --V. Knox.
- Unfaithfulness to the marriage vow or contract; violation of the marriage covenant by adultery.
- Breach of trust; unfaithfulness to a charge, or to moral obligation; treachery; deceit; as, the infidelity of a servant. ``The infidelity of friends.'' --Sir W. Temple.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Infidelity'
Types of relationships Family · Marriage Husband · Wife Soulmate · Significant other Siblings · Cousin Domestic partnership Widowhood
Boyfriend · Girlfriend Cohabitation · Casual Romantic friendship · Sexual partner
Friendship · Kinship Monogamy · Same-sex relationship Non-monogamy · Open marriage Polyamory · Polyfidelity · Polygamy
Mistress (lover) · Cicisbeo · Concubinage · Courtesan ·[See more about Infidelity at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Infidelity'
Infidelity Sample Sentences in News
- Clint Eastwood's Estranged Wife Insists Infidelity Didn't End Marriage
Clint Eastwood's estranged wife has dismissed reports suggesting infidelity ended the couple's 17-year marriage, insisting she and the movie veteran... Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'
- Dina Eastwood denies infidelity rumours
Clint Eastwood's estranged wife has dismissed reports suggesting infidelity ended the couple's 17-year marriage, insisting she and the movie veteran have been living separate lives for some time. Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'
- This app lets men with ‘several girlfriends’ spy on their significant others’ every move
According to a survey by condom maker Durex, Thais rank at the top of the world’s infidelity chart as the most unfaithful lovers, with well over half admitting to frequent infidelity. It’s not a flattering ... Read more on this news related to 'Infidelity'