Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inferred'
- reason by deduction; establish by deduction [syn: deduce, deduct, derive]
- draw from specific cases for more general cases [syn: generalize, generalise, extrapolate]
- conclude by reasoning; in logic [syn: deduce]
- guess correctly; solve by guessing; "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize" [syn: guess]
- believe to be the case; "I understand you have no previous experience?" [syn: understand] [also: inferring, inferred]
- Infer \In*fer"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Inferred; p. pr. & vb. n.
Inferring.] [L. inferre to bring into, bring forward,
occasion, infer; pref. in- in + ferre to carry, bring: cf. F.
inf['e]rer. See 1 st Bear.]
- To bring on; to induce; to occasion. [Obs.] --Harvey.
- To offer, as violence. [Obs.] --Spenser.
- To bring forward, or employ as an argument; to adduce; to allege; to offer. [Obs.] Full well hath Clifford played the orator, Inferring arguments of mighty force. --Shak.
- To derive by deduction or by induction; to conclude or surmise from facts or premises; to accept or derive, as a consequence, conclusion, or probability; to imply; as, I inferred his determination from his silence. To infer is nothing but by virtue of one proposition laid down as true, to draw in another as true. --Locke. Such opportunities always infer obligations. --Atterbury.
- To show; to manifest; to prove. [Obs.] The first part is not the proof of the second, but rather contrariwise, the second inferreth well the first. --Sir T. More. This doth infer the zeal I had to see him. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inferred'
Inference is the act of drawing a conclusion by deductive reasoning from given facts. The conclusion drawn is also called an inference. The laws of valid inference are studied in the field of logic.
Human inference (i.e. how humans draw conclusions) is traditionally studied within the field of cognitive psychology; artificial intelligence researchers develop automated inference systems to emulate human inference. Statistical inference allows for inference from quantitative data.
The process by which a conclusion is inferred from multiple observations is called inductive reasoning. The conclusion may be correct or incorrect, or correct to within a certain degree of accuracy, or correct in certain situations. Conclusions inferred from multiple observations may be tested by additional observations.[See more about Inferred at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Inferred'
Inferred Sample Sentences in News
- Bullman Minerals Reports Inferred Resource of 39.8 Mt Grading 0.94 g/t Gold (1.21 Moz) on the Balandougouba Project
Bullman Minerals Inc. is pleased to announce the results of the first independent NI43-101 resource estimate for the Balandougouba project , located in northeast Guinea, West Africa. The inferred resource ... Read more on this news related to 'Inferred'
- Falco Pacific (TSXV:FPC) Provides Video Recap of its March Activities at the Horne 5 Gold Project in Quebec - Video ...
Vancouver, BC, April 4, 2014 - Falco Pacific Resource Group (TSXV: FPC) provides a video recap which includes details of its announcement of their maiden inferred gold resource at its Horne 5 Gold Project ... Read more on this news related to 'Inferred'
- Carlisle Goldfields Announces Infill Drill Results on Inferred Material From the Farley Lake Mine Project, Including 6 ...
TORONTO -- Carlisle Goldfields Limited ("Carlisle" or the "Company") (OTCQX:CGJCF) and 10% joint venture partner* Canadian Orebodies Inc. are pleased to announce interim results from ... Read more on this news related to 'Inferred'