Ineffectual Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not producing an intended effect; "an ineffective teacher"; "ineffective legislation"
- not sufficient to produce a desired result; "an ineffectual effort to block the legislation"
- lacking in power or forcefulness; "an ineffectual ruler"; "like an unable phoenix in hot ashes"
- producing no result or effect; "a futile effort"; "the therapy was ineffectual"; "an otiose undertaking"; "an unavailing attempt"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ineffectual'?
Words and phrases related to 'Ineffectual'
Ineffectual Sample Sentences in News
- Salmond: Tory attacks on SNP/Labour agreement are "stupid and ineffectual"
Tory attempts to portray Ed Miliband in Alex Salmond's pocket are "fundamentally stupid" and ineffectual, according to Scotland's former first minister. Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'
- Tory poster attack ‘stupid’, says Alex Salmond
TORY attempts to portray Ed Miliband in Alex Salmond’s pocket are “fundamentally stupid” and ineffectual, according to Scotland’s former first minister. Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'
- Miriam Lord: Adams annoyed at Dáil decibel levels
Deputies shouting and roaring, punctuated by the Ceann Comhairle’s ineffectual yelps – poor Gerry Adams can hardly hear himself glare Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'