Ineffectual Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not producing an intended effect; "an ineffective teacher"; "ineffective legislation"
- not sufficient to produce a desired result; "an ineffectual effort to block the legislation"
- lacking in power or forcefulness; "an ineffectual ruler"; "like an unable phoenix in hot ashes"
- producing no result or effect; "a futile effort"; "the therapy was ineffectual"; "an otiose undertaking"; "an unavailing attempt"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ineffectual'?
Words and phrases related to 'Ineffectual'
Ineffectual Sample Sentences in News
- Nigel Farage: Plain cigarette packaging 'ineffectual'
Ukip leader Nigel Farage has hit out at Government plans to introduce standardised plain cigarette packaging, saying it could lead to worse health outcomes than we have now. Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'
- Nigeria must confront Boko Haram – step forward, Muhammadu Buhari
The elections are an opportunity to depose the ineffectual Goodluck Jonathan and install a strong leader with a reputation for incorruptibility Nigeria is at war. In the past week alone the Islamist militants Boko Haram have slain hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people across north-eastern Nigeria, some with the help of child suicide bombers, including a 10-year-o Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'
- Yes, David Cameron, cutting the benefit cap tells us a lot about modern Britain
Far from helping people into work, lowering the cap to £23,000 will only bring more stress and misery to those least able to cope There are few policies the Conservatives love more than the benefit cap “crackdown”. They rejoice in its apparent public popularity, its supposed commonsense simplicity, its seeming ability to persuade the workshy to visit the jobc Read more on this news related to 'Ineffectual'