Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Indri'
Indri Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : large short-tailed lemur of Madagascar having thick silky
fur in black and white and fawn [syn: indris, Indri
indri, Indri brevicaudatus]
- Indris \In"dris\, Indri \In"dri\, n. (Zo["o]l.)
Any lemurine animal of the genus Indris.
Note: Several species are known, all of them natives of
Madagascar, as the diadem indris (I. diadema), which
has a white ruff around the forehead; the woolly indris
(I. laniger); and the short-tailed or black indris
(I. brevicaudatus), which is black, varied with gray.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Indri'
- Indri: The Indri (Indri indri), also called the Babakoto, is one of the largest living lemur s. It is a diurnal tree-dweller related to the ...
- Indri people: Indri are the members of an ethnic group of Sudan . They live in Southern Sudan . Most of them are Muslims. The number of persons in this ...
- Indri, India: Indri is a city and a municipal committee in Karnal district in the India n state of Haryana . Demographics: 2001 India census Indri had a ...
- Indri (disambiguation): Indri may refer to: Indri , a lemur of Madagascar. Indri people Indri, India , a city in the Karnal district in the Indian state of Haryana. ...
- Indri Gautama: Indri Gautama is an Indonesian female Christian leader. She is the founder of Apostolic Generation Church and Maria Magdalena Ministries ...
- Oliver Indris: Oliver Indris is a chemist. He discovered the molecular symmetry group G 24 He studied chemistry at the University of Kiel , Germany. ...
- Sverre Indris Joner: Sverre Indris Joner (born 19 July 1963) is a Norwegian musician, composer, and arranger. He frequently performs on piano and percussion ...
Words and phrases related to 'Indri'
Indri Sample Sentences in News
- No current Indri news