Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- Government Struggling to Fix Obamacare Errors
Obamacare’s technological nightmare might not be over yet. Due to problems with the backend of the website, the Department of Health and Human Services reported last month that there were nearly 3 million inconsistencies on applications for health insurance. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Defence points to rape case flaws
Inconsistencies in the evidence of a woman who claims she was regularly raped for three years as a child continued to be brought to the attention of a jury in the Blenheim District Court yesterday. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- 2.6 Million 'Inconsistencies' in Federal Insurance Applications
Title: 2.6 Million 'Inconsistencies' in Federal Insurance Applications Category: Health News Created: 7/1/2014 5:36:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 7/2/2014 12:00:00 AM Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'