Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- 'The Voice' Voting 'Inconsistencies': Carson Daly And Company That Tallies Votes Admit Problem (VIDEO)
Fans of "The Voice" were voting away this week, but when the first live results show of the season kicked off on Wednesday night, viewers learned their votes may not have been counted. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- NICK GREEN: MLS officiating inconsistencies have everyone seeing red
The frustrating vagaries of MLS officiating were on display yet again last weekend during the Chivas USA and Galaxy games. | 100% SOCCER BLOG Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Watters backs in his young players
COACH Scott Watters is dealing with the inconsistencies of a young squad by demanding consistency during the much-needed rebuild of the Saints. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'