Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- Oscar Pistorius accused of ‘inconsistencies’
THE chief prosecutor in the Oscar Pistorius murder trial alleged numerous inconsistencies in the athlete’s account of how he killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, as cross-examination of the Paralympic and Olympic athlete continued. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Prosecutor focuses on inconsistencies in Pistorius' testimony
The chief prosecutor in Oscar Pistorius' murder trial on Monday alleged numerous inconsistencies in the athlete's account of how he killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year, seeking to show that the athlete is lying when he says he shot her by mistake. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Defense gets its turn in Pistorius murder trial
For five days, Oscar Pistorius endured a withering cross-examination at his murder trial from a prosecutor who pounced on apparent inconsistencies in his testimony. Yet, legal analysts said Tuesday, expert witnesses who will testify for the defense could undermine the prosecution's efforts to prove Pistorius killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on purpose after a Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'