Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- De Lima: Cunanan's state witness bid in peril
With his credibility in question due to what senators said were inconsistencies in his testimony last Thursday, Technology Resource Center (TRC) outgoing head Dennis Cunanan may lose his bid to be state witness in the pork barrel cases. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Labour slams deportation inconsistencies
Labour is slamming inconsistencies in deportation decisions, saying it is "extremely unfair" that a convicted fraudster was given a four-year stay from deportation while a young man needing a crucial surgery has been given just a... Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Senators find inconsistencies in Cunanan testimony
MANILA, Philippines—No sweeping statement of approval—such as a “buzzer-beating and game-winning three-point shot”—characterized Dennis Cunanan’s testimony on Thursday. Benhur Luy stood in the way of the director general of the state-owned Technology Resource Center (TRC) in his appearance before the Senate blue ribbon committee investigating an all Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'