Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- Wall Street Bond Dealers Whipsawed on Bearish Treasuries Bet
On March 31, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen highlighted inconsistencies in job data and said “considerable slack” in labor markets showed the Federal Reserve’s accommodative policies will be needed for “some time.” Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Andhra high court acquits all Tsundur accused
Citing inconsistencies in the prosecution’s case and statements of witnesses, the AP High Court on Tuesday acquitted all the remaining 56 accused in the 1991 Tsundur massacre case by setting aside the judgment of the trial court at Guntur that awarded life imprisonment to 21 people and one year jail terms to 35 accused. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Affidavit: Perjury suspect told inconsistent stories
An affidavit from the Michigan State Police cold case unit suggests several inconsistencies in a sworn statement from Raymond Emmett McCann II. An affidavit from the Michigan State Police cold case unit suggests several inconsistencies in a sworn statement from Raymond Emmett McCann II. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'