Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Inconsistency \In`con*sist"en*cy\, n.; pl. Inconsistencies.
[Cf. F. inconsistance.]
- The quality or state of being inconsistent; discordance in respect to sentiment or action; such contrariety between two things that both can not exist or be true together; disagreement; incompatibility. There is a perfect inconsistency between that which is of debt and that which is of free gift. --South.
- Absurdity in argument ore narration; incoherence or irreconcilability in the parts of a statement, argument, or narration; that which is inconsistent. If a man would register all his opinions upon love, politics, religion, and learning, what a bundle of inconsistencies and contradictions would appear at last! --Swift.
- Want of stability or uniformity; unsteadiness; changeableness; variableness. Mutability of temper, and inconsistency with ourselves, is the greatest weakness of human nature. --Addison.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Inconsistencies'
- Reflections on the variations, or inconsistencies, which are found among the four Evangelists: Reﬂections on the Variations, or Inconſiﬅencies, which are found among the four Evangeliﬅs, in their diﬀerent Accounts of the ſame Facts- ...
Words and phrases related to 'Inconsistencies'
Inconsistencies Sample Sentences in News
- Inconsistencies in regional childcare inspections, says Roisin Shortall
Former junior minister at health says child care services can’t provide key data Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- Pistorius defence team rebut 'inconsistencies' jibe
Pistorius defence team rebut '13 inconsistencies' jibe Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'
- 10 reasons to discount the Chicago Bears’ offense this season
Offensive inconsistencies are woven into Chicago?s DNA as much as the ground-and-pound approach to the sport that make the Bears memorable in the first place. Read more on this news related to 'Inconsistencies'