Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Imputation'
Imputation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a statement attributing something dishonest (especially a criminal offense); "he denied the imputation"
- the attribution to a source or cause; "the imputation that my success was due to nepotism meant that I was not taken seriously"
- Imputation \Im`pu*ta"tion\, [L. imputatio an account, a charge:
cf. F. imputation.]
- The act of imputing or charging; attribution; ascription; also, anything imputed or charged. Shylock. Antonio is a good man. Bassanio. Have you heard any imputation to the contrary? --Shak. If I had a suit to Master Shallow, I would humor his men with the imputation of being near their master. --Shak.
- Charge or attribution of evil; censure; reproach; insinuation. Let us be careful to guard ourselves against these groundless imputation of our enemies. --Addison.
- (Theol.) A setting of something to the account of; the attribution of personal guilt or personal righteousness of another; as, the imputation of the sin of Adam, or the righteousness of Christ.
- Opinion; intimation; hint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Imputation'
- Imputation: Imputation can refer to:imputation. Imputation (law), the concept that ignorance of the law does not excuse. Imputation (statistics), ...
- Imputation (statistics): In statistics , imputation is the substitution of some value for a missing data point or a missing component of a data point. ...
- Dividend imputation: Dividend imputation is a corporate tax system in which some or all of the tax paid by a company may be attributed, or imputed , to the ...
- Imputation (law): In law , the principle of imputation or attribution underpins the concept that ignorantia juris non excusat —ignorance of the law does not ...
- Theory of imputation: In economics , the theory of imputation, first expounded by Carl Menger , maintains that factor price s are determined by output price s. ...
- Imputation (game theory): Imputations are distributions that are efficient and are individually rational. Example: Mrs Arnold and Mrs Bauer are knitting gloves. ...
- Geo-imputation: In data analysis involving geographical locations, geo-imputation or geographical imputation methods are steps taken to replace missing ...
- Double imputation: In Christian theology , the understanding of justification as double imputation refers to the imputation of believers' sin to Christ ...
Words and phrases related to 'Imputation'
Imputation Sample Sentences in News
- Precipice looms for some if franking rules change
If dividend imputation rules change, expect the share prices of the banks and Telstra to fall over a cliff. Read more on this news related to 'Imputation'
- Franking credits a key part of Australia's economic machine
Future governments must continue to recognise the importance of retaining the imputation credit system. Read more on this news related to 'Imputation'