Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Imputation'
Imputation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a statement attributing something dishonest (especially a criminal offense); "he denied the imputation"
- the attribution to a source or cause; "the imputation that my success was due to nepotism meant that I was not taken seriously"
- Imputation \Im`pu*ta"tion\, [L. imputatio an account, a charge:
cf. F. imputation.]
- The act of imputing or charging; attribution; ascription; also, anything imputed or charged. Shylock. Antonio is a good man. Bassanio. Have you heard any imputation to the contrary? --Shak. If I had a suit to Master Shallow, I would humor his men with the imputation of being near their master. --Shak.
- Charge or attribution of evil; censure; reproach; insinuation. Let us be careful to guard ourselves against these groundless imputation of our enemies. --Addison.
- (Theol.) A setting of something to the account of; the attribution of personal guilt or personal righteousness of another; as, the imputation of the sin of Adam, or the righteousness of Christ.
- Opinion; intimation; hint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Imputation'
- Imputation: Imputation can refer to:imputation. Imputation (law), the concept that ignorance of the law does not excuse. Imputation (statistics), ...
- Imputation (statistics): In statistics , imputation is the substitution of some value for a missing data point or a missing component of a data point. ...
- Dividend imputation: Dividend imputation is a corporate tax system in which some or all of the tax paid by a company may be attributed, or imputed , to the ...
- Imputation (law): In law , the principle of imputation or attribution underpins the concept that ignorantia juris non excusat —ignorance of the law does not ...
- Theory of imputation: In economics , the theory of imputation, first expounded by Carl Menger , maintains that factor price s are determined by output price s. ...
- Imputation (game theory): Imputations are distributions that are efficient and are individually rational. Example: Mrs Arnold and Mrs Bauer are knitting gloves. ...
- Geo-imputation: In data analysis involving geographical locations, geo-imputation or geographical imputation methods are steps taken to replace missing ...
- Double imputation: In Christian theology , the understanding of justification as double imputation refers to the imputation of believers' sin to Christ ...
Words and phrases related to 'Imputation'
Imputation Sample Sentences in News
- Transitional imputation penalty set for repeal - Dunne
A tax penalty implemented as part of the company tax rate change is likely to be repealed, Revenue Minister Peter Dunne announced today. Parliament’s Finance and Expenditure Select Committee is considering repealing the transitional imputation penalty as part of the Taxation (Livestock Valuation, Assets Expenditure, and Remedial Matters) Bill, Mr Dunne said. The Read more on this news related to 'Imputation'
- Dunne: Transitional Imputation Penalty Set For Repeal
A tax penalty implemented as part of the company tax rate change is likely to be repealed, Revenue Minister Peter Dunne announced today. Read more on this news related to 'Imputation'