Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection" [syn: unprompted]
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force" [syn: driving]
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions" [syn: capricious, whimsical]
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish' is archaic) [syn: hotheaded, impetuous, madcap, tearaway(a), brainish]
- Impulsive \Im*pul"sive\, a. [Cf. F. impulsif.]
- Having the power of driving or impelling; giving an impulse; moving; impellent. Poor men! poor papers! We and they Do some impulsive force obey. --Prior.
- Actuated by impulse or by transient feelings. My heart, impulsive and wayward. --Longfellow.
- (Mech.) Acting momentarily, or by impulse; not continuous; -- said of forces.
- Impulsive \Im*pul"sive\, n.
That which impels or gives an impulse; an impelling agent.
--Sir W. Wotton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function -
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive (D11) was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War . She has been the only ship of ...
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips and was the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips . ...
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records , remixed by contemporary hip hop ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Impulsive behaviour linked to brain connectivity
London, July 23 (IANS) In what could help better understand behavioural problems and social adaptation difficulties in children, researchers have found that patterns of brain connectivity are linked with impulsive behaviour. "We can confirm that the greater the level of impulsiveness in the children, the greater the alteration in the connections between the p Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Consumers exhibit self-control while spending
While most of research routinely criticises consumers for being impulsive, research by an Indian-origin professor contends that consumers exhibit self-control most of the time. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive Desire Method: Review Examining Alex Carter’s Training Program Released
PUABooks.net releases a review of Alex Carter’s “Impulsive Desire Method”, a new dating and relationship guide for men that promises to teach users the secret to making any woman desire them obsessively. (PRWeb June 29, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/impulsivedesiremethod/review/prweb11983810.htm Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'