Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection" [syn: unprompted]
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force" [syn: driving]
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions" [syn: capricious, whimsical]
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish' is archaic) [syn: hotheaded, impetuous, madcap, tearaway(a), brainish]
- Impulsive \Im*pul"sive\, a. [Cf. F. impulsif.]
- Having the power of driving or impelling; giving an impulse; moving; impellent. Poor men! poor papers! We and they Do some impulsive force obey. --Prior.
- Actuated by impulse or by transient feelings. My heart, impulsive and wayward. --Longfellow.
- (Mech.) Acting momentarily, or by impulse; not continuous; -- said of forces.
- Impulsive \Im*pul"sive\, n.
That which impels or gives an impulse; an impelling agent.
--Sir W. Wotton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function -
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive (D11) was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War . She has been the only ship of ...
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips and was the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips . ...
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records , remixed by contemporary hip hop ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Impulsive Rooney will regret Manchester United transfer request
Wayne Rooney was smiling as he collected his fifth Premier League winners' medal, shook the hand of his soon-to-be-former manager and took his place on the champions' podium. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- TNSTC plays saviour for the impulsive tourists
Passengers feel TNSTC should regulate these services Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive Precious Metals..The Game Plan
In this Weekend Report I want to get everyone up to speed and on the same page of what I’m seeing with the charts. I think there is a bit of confusion, especially with some of our new subscribers, on what the game plan is. Our game plan right now is fairly simple. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'