Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function -
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips , the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips . Written by Clif ...
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War . She has been the only ship of the ...
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records , remixed by contemporary hip hop ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Impulsive teens with poor memory more likely to become drug addicts
Oregon researchers say that an 11-13 year old's ability to focus on a task and ignore distractions was key. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Beating was 'impulsive decision', court told
A teenager who boasted about beating a man so badly his family did not recognise him says it was an "impulsive decision", a court has been told. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- From maligned to genius in less than a month, the evolution of Ned Yost
Ned Yost has guided the Royals to the World Series with an impulsive managerial style that seems to fit the chaos of October. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'