Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. She has been the only ship of the Navy to bear this
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips, the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips. Written by Clif Magness and Steve
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records, remixed by contemporary hip hop and electronic
- Barratt Impulsiveness Scale: The Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (BIS) is a widely used measure of impulsiveness. It includes 30 items that are scored to yield six first-order factors
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Money worries fueled uptick in Baby Boomer suicides during recession
Financial pressures tend to trigger suicides that are more impulsive, making it harder for loved ones to realize outside help is warranted. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Morcombe ex-suspect to remain in jail
An impulsive child sex offender who was once suspected of having abducted Daniel Morcombe is too dangerous to be released from prison, a judge has ruled. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- 'Impulsive' sex offender denied parole
An Invercargill man who sexually violated an eight-year-old girl at Oreti Beach has been denied parole. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'