Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. She has been the only ship of the Navy to bear this
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips, the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips. Written by Clif Magness and Steve
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records, remixed by contemporary hip hop and electronic
- Barratt Impulsiveness Scale: The Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (BIS) is a widely used measure of impulsiveness. It includes 30 items that are scored to yield six first-order factors
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Why Teens Are Impulsive, Addiction-Prone And Should Protect Their Brains
New research shows that teenagers' brains aren't fully insulated, so the signals travel slowly when they need to make decisions. Neuroscientist Frances Jensen, who wrote The Teenage Brain, explains. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- If parent attempted suicide, kids more likely to try, too
The good news is that there are treatments for mood disorders and impulsive aggression that may help some people. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Broadpeak Upgrades Cloud-PVR Platforms
Broadpeak announced new impulsive recording capabilities for its cloud-PVR technology. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'