Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. She has been the only ship of the Navy to bear this
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips, the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips. Written by Clif Magness and Steve
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records, remixed by contemporary hip hop and electronic
- Barratt Impulsiveness Scale: The Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (BIS) is a widely used measure of impulsiveness. It includes 30 items that are scored to yield six first-order factors
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
A disorder of impulsive aggression has been included in DSM since the first edition. In DSM-III, this disorder was codified as Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) and was thought to be rare. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Court documents: Wisconsin shooting victim was impulsive
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — An unarmed biracial man fatally shot by a white police officer tended to be an impulsive risk-taker and faced a choice between a middle-class lifestyle and the gang world, according to court documents. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Documents: Wisconsin shooting victim suffered from anxiety
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The unarmed black man who died at the hands of a white Wisconsin police officer suffered from attention deficit disorder and tended to be an impulsive risk-taker, court documents show. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'