Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive: Impulsive may refer to: Impulsive (song) Impulsivity Impulsion Impulse function -
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips , the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips . Written by Clif ...
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War . She has been the only ship of the ...
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records , remixed by contemporary hip hop ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'
Impulsive Sample Sentences in News
- Royals, and Kansas City, in no hurry to let season slide away
It was an impulsive, almost whimsical decision, the kind college students make all the time. And so it was that Dayton Moore and his college buddy decided to pull off the freeway, head to the ballpark, and try to score a couple tickets for Game 7 of the 1985 World Series. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Impulsive teens with poor memory more likely to become drug addicts
Oregon researchers say that an 11-13 year old's ability to focus on a task and ignore distractions was key. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'
- Teen jailed for 'impulsive' beating
A teenager who boasted about beating a man so badly that his family did not recognise him says it was an "impulsive decision", a court has heard. Read more on this news related to 'Impulsive'