Impulsive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; "a hotheaded decision"; "liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"; "an impetuous display of spending and gambling"; "madcap escapades"; (`brainish'' is archaic)
- determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason; "a capricious refusal"; "authoritarian rulers are frequently capricious"; "the victim of whimsical persecutions"
- having the power of driving or impelling; "a driving personal ambition"; "the driving force was his innate enthusiasm"; "an impulsive force"
- without forethought; "letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus; "an impulsive gesture of affection"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impulsive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impulsive'
- HMS Impulsive (D11): HMS Impulsive was an I-class destroyer built for the Royal Navy during the 1930s. She has been the only ship of the Navy to bear this name. The I-class
- Impulsive (song): "Impulsive" is a song recorded by Wilson Phillips, the third single released from their debut album Wilson Phillips. Written by Clif Magness and Steve
- Impulsive!: Impulsive! is a studio album by Brazilian jazz artist Eliane Elias. The album was recorded with Bob Brookmeyer and The Danish Radio Jazz Orchestra and
- Barratt Impulsiveness Scale: The Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (BIS) is a widely used measure of impulsiveness. It includes 30 items that are scored to yield six first-order factors
- Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked: Impulsive! Revolutionary Jazz Reworked is a compilation of music originally released on Impulse! Records, remixed by contemporary hip hop and electronic
Words and phrases related to 'Impulsive'