Impose Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- impose and collect; "levy a fine"
- compel to behave in a certain way; "Social relations impose courtesy"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impose'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impose'
- Super Impose: Super Impose (5 October 1984 – 23 March 2007) was a New Zealand-bred Thoroughbred racehorse who was inducted into the Australian Racing Hall of Fame. In
Words and phrases related to 'Impose'
Impose Sample Sentences in News
- China says U.S. decision to impose duties on Chinese tyres 'flawed'
BEIJING (Reuters) - China is "seriously concerned" about a U.S. decision to impose anti-dumping duties of as high as 88 percent on Chinese tyres, the Chinese trade ministry said on Thursday, ... Read more on this news related to 'Impose'
- Spaniards protest proposed security law that would impose hefty fines for some demonstrations
Thousands of protesters are marching in Spanish cities to express their opposition to a proposed law that would set hefty fines for offenses like demonstrating outside parliament buildings or strategic installations. Read more on this news related to 'Impose'
- No curfew in Zambo City
Isabelle Climaco-Salazar on Saturday said that the city government was not inclined to impose a curfew despite the recent bombing incident in this city. Two people were killed while 52 others were wounded in a powerful bomb explosion that took place around 3:15 p.m. Friday in Barangay Guiwan, this city. Salazar said the imposition of curfew would just send a messa Read more on this news related to 'Impose'