Impose Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- impose and collect; "levy a fine"
- compel to behave in a certain way; "Social relations impose courtesy"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Impose'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impose'
- Super Impose: Super Impose (5 October 1984 – 23 March 2007 was a New Zealand -bred Thoroughbred racehorse who was inducted into the Australia n Racing ...
- To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act to extend through 2018 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties (H.R. 3487; 113th Congress): (FEC) to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published by the Commission, to expand such ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impose'
Impose Sample Sentences in News
- Don’t impose fuel sales tax if global oil price falls, DAP lawmaker tells Putrajaya
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 1 ― A DAP lawmaker told Putrajaya today not to impose a petroleum sales tax in the event that global crude oil prices fall further.... Read more on this news related to 'Impose'
- Bank of England set to impose higher leverage ratio on banks - sources
By Huw Jones LONDON (Reuters) - The Bank of England is expected to impose on UK banks a tougher leverage ratio, the broadest of capital requirements, than under proposed global rules, in a move to reassure investors that lenders can survive the next financial crisis, banking sources said. The BoE is at the same time expected to simplify proposals on varying the ne Read more on this news related to 'Impose'
- SGX streamlines rules for secondary-listed companies
Under the new framework, SGX will not impose additional regulatory requirements where a company is secondary-listed on SGX and primary-listed on the main board of any of the 22 developed jurisdictions other than Singapore. Read more on this news related to 'Impose'