Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impersonating'
- Impersonate \Im*per"son*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Impersonated; p. pr. & vb. n. Impersonating.]
- To invest with personality; to endow with the form of a living being.
- To ascribe the qualities of a person to; to personify.
- To assume, or to represent, the person or character of; to personate; as, he impersonated Macbeth. Benedict impersonated his age. --Milman.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impersonating'
An impersonator is someone who imitates or copies the behavior or actions of another. There are many reasons for someone to be an impersonator, some common ones being as follows:
Celebrity impersonators are entertainers who look similar to celebrities and dress in such a way as to imitate them.
Impersonators are known as look-alikes, impressionist, imitators and tribute artists. The interest may have originated with the need or desire to see a celebrity who has died.
Edward Moss has appeared in movies and sitcoms, impersonating Michael Jackson.[See more about Impersonating at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Impersonating'
Impersonating Sample Sentences in News
- Police impersonator arrested in Englewood
A man impersonating a police officer was arrested last week in Englewood, but local police declined Wednesday to release the suspect's name. Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'
- Indian man caught impersonating policeman in UAE
Dubai, April 22 (IANS) A Dubai Criminal Court heard the case of an Indian expatriate who has been accused of assaulting and robbing two men while impersonating as a police official, media reported Monday. The Indian electrician, identified only as AMM, and two other unidentified men have been accused of robbing two Bangladeshi nationals, identified only as MS and Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'
- Englewood police arrest suspected cop impersonator
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A man impersonating a police officer was arrested by Englewood Police last week. Officers responded to a... Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'