Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impersonating'
- Impersonate \Im*per"son*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Impersonated; p. pr. & vb. n. Impersonating.]
- To invest with personality; to endow with the form of a living being.
- To ascribe the qualities of a person to; to personify.
- To assume, or to represent, the person or character of; to personate; as, he impersonated Macbeth. Benedict impersonated his age. --Milman.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impersonating'
An impersonator is someone who imitates or copies the behavior or actions of another. There are many reasons for someone to be an impersonator, some common ones being as follows:
Celebrity impersonators are entertainers who look similar to celebrities and dress in such a way as to imitate them.
Impersonators are known as look-alikes, impressionist, imitators and tribute artists. The interest may have originated with the need or desire to see a celebrity who has died.
Edward Moss has appeared in movies and sitcoms, impersonating Michael Jackson.[See more about Impersonating at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Impersonating'
Impersonating Sample Sentences in News
- James Worthy and Byron Scott impersonating Nick ‘Swaggy P’ Young is worth a minute of your time (Video)
Despite a fairly one-dimensional game that's kept him from being a very reliable full-time contributor during his seven-year NBA career, Nick Young has become something of a cult hero and fan favorite among basketball lovers of a certain stripe due … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast
A man charged with impersonating a police officer while pulling over women in three Seacoast towns told police that his penchant for acting like a cop led him to stopping cars in several New Hampshire towns and highways in Massachusetts and Maine, according to a police report. Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'
- Man found guilty of abusing girls
An Indianapolis man was found guilty Tuesday for sexually abusing minors and impersonating an officer. Read more at www.WISHTV.com Read more on this news related to 'Impersonating'