Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Imagery'
Imagery Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the ability to form mental images of things or events; "he
could still hear her in his imagination" [syn: imagination,
imaging, mental imagery]
- Imagery \Im"age*ry\, n. [OE. imagerie, F. imagerie.]
- The work of one who makes images or visible representation of objects; imitation work; images in general, or in mass. ``Painted imagery.'' --Shak. In those oratories might you see Rich carvings, portraitures, and imagery. --Dryden.
- Fig.: Unreal show; imitation; appearance. What can thy imagery of sorrow mean? --Prior.
- The work of the imagination or fancy; false ideas; imaginary phantasms. The imagery of a melancholic fancy. --Atterbury.
- Rhetorical decoration in writing or speaking; vivid descriptions presenting or suggesting images of sensible objects; figures in discourse. I wish there may be in this poem any instance of good imagery. --Dryden.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Imagery'
- Imagery: Imagery is a collection of images. " "Imagery" may also refer to. Image | Images | Image (disambiguation) Types of imagery : Archeological imagery ...
- Computer-generated imagery: Computer-generated imagery (CGI) is the application of the field of computer graphics or, more specifically, 3D computer graphics to ...
- Satellite imagery: Satellite imagery consists of photographs of Earth or other planets made by means of artificial satellites . History: Image:TIROS-1-Earth. ...
- Imagery (literature): Imagery is used in literature to refer to descriptive language that evokes sensory experience . Forms of imagery : imagery. Visual imagery is ...
- Imagery intelligence: Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), is an intelligence gathering discipline which collects information via satellite and aerial photography . ...
- Imagery analysis: Imagery analysis is the extraction of useful information from bi-dimensional graphic formats, including screen shot s. This includes color ...
Words and phrases related to 'Imagery'