Idioms Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Idioms'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Idioms'
- Comprehension of idioms: Comprehension of idioms is the act of processing and understanding idioms . Idioms are a common type of figure of speech . an idiom is a ...
- List of sports idioms: The following is a list of phrases from sports that have become idiom s (slang or ... This list does not include idioms derived exclusively ...
- List of English-language idioms: This is a list of notable idioms in the English language . An idiom is a common word or phrase with a culturally understood meaning that ...
- English idioms: Category:English_idioms | many yes
Idioms Sample Sentences in News
- TESOL Press Releases Three New Titles
TESOL Press announces the release of 3 new titles. The new books focus on teaching idioms to English language learners, understanding international students’ needs, and teaching for academic purposes (PRWeb October 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12272924.htm Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'
- Chinese Idioms: Profess To Love What One Actually Fears (葉公好龍)
In the Spring and Autumn Period (770–476 B.C.), in the state of Chu, there lived a man named Chu Zhuliang who addressed himself as the “Duke of Ye.” The Duke of Ye was known for his love of dragons. He … Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'
- PREMIERE: Pep Love ft. Tajai – “Monopoly Money” [LISTEN]
On a mainstream level, rappers spew idioms about money in large amounts that more often than not outweigh the actual dollar amount in their bank accounts. Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'