Idioms Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Idioms'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Idioms'
- Comprehension of idioms: Comprehension of idioms is the act of processing and understanding idioms . Idioms are a common type of figure of speech . an idiom is a ...
- List of sports idioms: The following is a list of phrases from sports that have become idiom s (slang or ... This list does not include idioms derived exclusively ...
- List of English-language idioms: This is a list of notable idioms in the English language . An idiom is a common word or phrase with a culturally understood meaning that ...
- English idioms: Category:English_idioms | many yes
Idioms Sample Sentences in News
- 10 Fascinating Idioms From Around the World
Idioms, specific to each language, give us a glimpse into the similarities between disparate cultures These unique expressions vary across the globe, and reveal how groups of people use language to convey universal human emotions. From "feeding donkeys sponge cake" to "letting a frog out of your mouth," these local phrases can sound hilariously Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'
- TESOL Press Releases Three New Titles
TESOL Press announces the release of 3 new titles. The new books focus on teaching idioms to English language learners, understanding international students’ needs, and teaching for academic purposes (PRWeb October 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12272924.htm Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'
- Clinging to dear life
It is variously called in synonymous idioms “de ningun adelicadeza,” in Spanish; “brazen-faced,” in English; “makapal ang mukha,” in Filipino. These expressions refer to someone who is unnerved by a popular clamor for him/her to resign or make an exit from his position of work, government or private. In a way, they cling to dear life as if their posi Read more on this news related to 'Idioms'