Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Identified'
adj : having the identity known or established; "the identified
bodies were released for burial"
- recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the 'wanted' poster" [syn: place]
- give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months" [syn: name]
- consider (oneself) as similar to somebody else; "He identified with the refugees"
- conceive of as united or associated; "Sex activity is closely identified with the hypothalamus"
- identify as in botany or biology, for example [syn: discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe, name]
- consider to be equal or the same; "He identified his brother as one of the fugitives" [also: identified]
- Identify \I*den"ti*fy\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Identified; p. pr.
& vb. n. Identifying.] [Cf. F. identifier. See Identity,
- To make to be the same; to unite or combine in such a manner as to make one; to treat as being one or having the same purpose or effect; to consider as the same in any relation. Every precaution is taken to identify the interests of the people and of the rulers. --D. Ramsay. Let us identify, let us incorporate ourselves with the people. --Burke.
- To establish the identity of; to prove to be the same with something described, claimed, or asserted; as, to identify stolen property.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Identified'
Identified is the second studio album by Vanessa Hudgens, released on July 1, 2008 in the U.S., and February 16, 2009 in the United Kingdom. The album received generally positive reviews from music critics. One single has been released to date called "Sneakernight". This was her last album under Hollywood Records.
Identified has received generally favorable reviews, having a 63 "metascore" based on 7 reviews.
Blender gave it a three stars out of five, and claimed that her "voice was made to rip, and when she lets go just a little, the coyness turns sultry—proof that she might just have a life after high school."
iTunes edition[See more about Identified at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Identified'
'Identified' in famous quotation sentence
* Success, recognition, and conformity are the bywords of the modern world where everyone seems to crave the anesthetizing security of being identified with the majority. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
* According to conviction, I am not simply what I am doing now. I am also what I have done, and my conventionally edited version of my past is made to seem almost more the real me than what I am at this moment. For what I am seems so fleeting and intangible, but what I was is fixed and final. It is the firm basis for predictions of what I will be in the future, and so it comes about that I am more closely identified with what no longer exists than with what actually is - Alan B. Watts
Click here for more related quotations on 'Identified'
Identified Sample Sentences in News
- Man identified as Bitcoin creator denies involvement
A man named as being the enigmatic creator of Bitcoin has denied having a role in the virtual unit, telling reporters he was "not involved." In an exclusive report, Newsweek identified a 64-year-old Japanese-American physicist as being the mysterious person known as "Satoshi Nakamoto" behind the Bitcoin revolution. However the man, who told the Read more on this news related to 'Identified'
- LA police officer killed in crash identified
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Authorities have identified a veteran Los Angeles police officer who was killed when his patrol car collided with a big rig in Beverly Hills. Read more on this news related to 'Identified'
- Saudi Arabia names Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda terrorist groups
Saudi Arabia identified the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group along with al Qaeda and others Friday, warning those who join them or support them they could face five to 30 years in prison. Read more on this news related to 'Identified'