Hungry Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- feeling hunger; feeling a need or desire to eat food; "a world full of hungry people"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Hungry'?
Hungry Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Hunger is the feeling of wanting to eat. The opposite of hunger is called satiety or fullness. The feeling is started in the hypothalamus, and hormones are released from the liver. People who have eaten can survive weeks without eating, but they will start to feel hungry after they have not eaten for a few hours. Hunger is generally considered quite uncomfortable. People who have eaten food usually will feel less hungry, or not hungry at all. People can live longer without food than without water.
Hunger is also used to refer to people who generally have little to eat, and are therefore often hungry.
Words and phrases related to 'Hungry'
'Hungry' example sentence in quotations
* A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog. - Jack London
Click here for more related quotations on 'Hungry'
Hungry Sample Sentences in News
- Dunkin' Donuts® Bagged Coffee And Hungry Girl Team Up For Delicious Coffee Recipes
ORRVILLE, Ohio, Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The makers of Dunkin' Donuts ® bagged coffee, are thrilled to announce the renewal of their partnership with Hungry Girl , Lisa Lillien, to help share her ... Read more on this news related to 'Hungry'
- Hungry Jacks hijacks Macca's Monopoly campaign
Hungry Jack’s has hijacked the McDonald’s Monopoly campaign by providing customers with an alternative to redeeming their winning vouchers at Macca's. Read more on this news related to 'Hungry'
- Hungry Jacks hijacks Macca's contest
McDonald's thought it had a Monopoly on its give-away promotion. Its rival had other ideas. Read more on this news related to 'Hungry'