Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Hogged'
Hogged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a person regarded as greedy and pig-like [syn: pig]
- a sheep up to the age of one year; one yet to be sheared [syn: hogget, hogg]
- domestic swine [syn: pig, grunter, squealer, Sus scrofa}] v : take greedily; take more than one's share [also: hogging, hogged]
adj : (of a ship) so weakened as to sag at each end [syn: broken-backed]
- Hog \Hog\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hogged; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To cut short like bristles; as, to hog the mane of a horse. --Smart.
- (Naut.) To scrub with a hog, or scrubbing broom.