Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Hogged'
Hogged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a person regarded as greedy and pig-like [syn: pig]
- a sheep up to the age of one year; one yet to be sheared [syn: hogget, hogg]
- domestic swine [syn: pig, grunter, squealer, Sus scrofa}] v : take greedily; take more than one's share [also: hogging, hogged]
adj : (of a ship) so weakened as to sag at each end [syn: broken-backed]
- Hog \Hog\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hogged; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To cut short like bristles; as, to hog the mane of a horse. --Smart.
- (Naut.) To scrub with a hog, or scrubbing broom.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hogged'
Words and phrases related to 'Hogged'
Hogged Sample Sentences in News
- Golf: Lewis leads American charge on Women's British Open
In recent years, South Koreans have hogged the headlines in women's golf - but the tide is finally turning as the Americans are expected to put up a strong showing at this year's Women's British Open. Read more on this news related to 'Hogged'
- Why Maharashtra Police said no to MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi?
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi always hogged the headlines for his hate speeches but this time, he is in news for some other reason. Owaisi, an MLA from Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency of Telangana, has been denied entry to Thane by Read more on this news related to 'Hogged'
- A Better Mid-South: Thank you for refusing to acknowledge 'Blue Flu,' 'Red Rash'
The "Blue Flu" and "Red Rash" are terms that have hogged headlines for the past week and many of us are watching this situation very closely. Read more on this news related to 'Hogged'