Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Hedging'
Hedging Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change [syn: hedge]
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe' you are just hedging" [syn: hedge]
- Hedge \Hedge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hedged; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To inclose or separate with a hedge; to fence with a thickly set line or thicket of shrubs or small trees; as, to hedge a field or garden.
- To obstruct, as a road, with a barrier; to hinder from progress or success; -- sometimes with up and out. I will hedge up thy way with thorns. --Hos. ii. 6. Lollius Urbius . . . drew another wall . . . to hedge out incursions from the north. --Milton.
- To surround for defense; to guard; to protect; to hem (in). ``England, hedged in with the main.'' --Shak.
- To surround so as to prevent escape. That is a law to hedge in the cuckoo. --Locke. To hedge a bet, to bet upon both sides; that is, after having bet on one side, to bet also on the other, thus guarding against loss.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hedging'
- Dynamic Hedging: Nassim Nicholas Taleb author ed the book Dynamic Hedging: Managing Vanilla and Exotic Options about the risk properties of commonly ...
- Fuel hedging: Fuel Hedging is a contractual tool some large fuel consuming companies, such as ... Large fuel consuming companies enter into hedging ...
- Superhedging price: value of B is at least as great as A. In a complete market the superhedging price is equivalent to the price for hedging the initial portfolio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Hedging'
Hedging Sample Sentences in News
- Hedging Strategies in a Hot Biotech Market (Secrets of the Buy Side)
Hedging Strategies in a Hot Biotech Market (Secrets of the Buy Side). My latest for @Forbes For fun, go to your Bloomberg terminal and pull up a chart for Curagen (CRGN), then type in “GPO M”. This will bring up a price chart from 1998 until the company was acquired by Celldex (CLDX) in 2009. Focus on the period from 2000 to 2002. Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Hedging Strategies in a Hot Biotech Market (part 2)
The Wall Street Journal reported this morning that the Allman Brothers are ending their yearly March concert series at the Beacon Theater in my Upper West Side neighborhood. The end of winter will never be the same. Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Wall Street Hedging on War in Ukraine; Buying More Insurance
Wall Street is concerned enough about war breaking out in Ukraine that investment firms have sharply increased the insurance they buy to protect their assets in the region. Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'