Hedging Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe'' you are just hedging"
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change ,
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe' you are just hedging"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Hedging'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hedging'
- Fuel hedging: Fuel Hedging is a contractual tool some large fuel consuming companies, such as ... Large fuel consuming companies enter into hedging ...
- Superhedging price: value of B is at least as great as A. In a complete market the superhedging price is equivalent to the price for hedging the initial portfolio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Hedging'
Hedging Sample Sentences in News
- RBI fires warning shots on companies' lack of FX hedging
Alarmed at the currency risks that Indian companies are running on their books, the central bank may consider making hedging mandatory if banks cannot persuade their corporate customers to seek protection, several market sources told Reuters. For now, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is calling on banks with detailed questions about how they are compelling corporat Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Gold miners' outstanding forward sales jump 61 pct in Q2 -report
* Russia's Polyus Gold accounts for jump in Q2 hedging LONDON, Oct 22 (Reuters) - The volume of gold sold forward by mining companies jumped 61 percent in the second quarter after Russia's Polyus Gold added a major new hedge position, an industry report showed on Wednesday. In their quarterly Global Hedge Book Analysis, released on Wednesday, Societe Gener Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Should American Airlines Group, Inc. Return to Fuel Hedging?
Should American Airlines Group, Inc. Return to Fuel Hedging? Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'