Hedging Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe'' you are just hedging"
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change ,
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe' you are just hedging"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Hedging'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hedging'
- Fuel hedging: Fuel Hedging is a contractual tool some large fuel consuming companies, such as ... Large fuel consuming companies enter into hedging ...
- Superhedging price: value of B is at least as great as A. In a complete market the superhedging price is equivalent to the price for hedging the initial portfolio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Hedging'
Hedging Sample Sentences in News
- Inflation-Hedge ETFs Struggle as Commodity Prices Drop
Traditional inflation-hedging assets and related exchange traded funds are losing ground as the longest commodity decline in over two decades helped keep a lid on consumer prices. For instance, inflation ... Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Asia airlines raise hedging volumes on oil price fall
By Jessica Jaganathan SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Airlines in Asia are stepping up jet fuel hedge volumes after oil prices fell below $100 a barrel this month, with some locking in fuel purchases as far out as 2016, suggesting airlines see oil prices bottoming. Airlines have been cautious about fuel hedging since 2008, when several large carriers scrambled to lock in fu Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- A new hedging policy with a pragmatic approach
Hedging is described as business activity which allows a person to mitigate or reduce the risk of physical commodities by taking an opposite position in the derivatives market. Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'