Hedging Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe'' you are just hedging"
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change
Definitions from Wiktionary
- any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change ,
- an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe' you are just hedging"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Hedging'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hedging'
- Fuel hedging: billion through fuel hedging. Some Airlines Turning To Fuel Hedging Again, http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4196026.html HEDGING ALLOWS COMPANIES
- Superhedging price: complete market the superhedging price is equivalent to the price for hedging the initial portfolio. If the set of equivalent martingale measures is
Words and phrases related to 'Hedging'
Hedging Sample Sentences in News
- Oil price fall exacerbated by hedging, energy firms' debt: BIS
Oil’s dramatic price fall since mid-2014 cannot be explained by changes in production and consumption alone, with hedging and energy firms' high debt levels also playing a part, the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) said on Saturday. The BIS compared oil's recent fall, which saw prices collapse to below $50 a barrel from levels of above $100, with Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- Bunge quarterly profit disappoints again on hedging losses
Bunge Ltd, one of the world's largest agricultural trading houses, reported fourth-quarter profit on Thursday that was well below analysts' expectations due to deteriorating oilseed-crushing margins in China and further hedging losses. It was the second consecutive quarter in which Bunge had $80 million of hedging losses at least partly tied to its North A Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'
- ‘Resume oil hedging now’
Government has been asked to quickly resume its oil price hedging programme, which was discontinued in 2013 to protect the country’s oil revenues and foster price stability. Read more on this news related to 'Hedging'