Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Hardware'
- major items of military weaponry (as tanks or missile)
- instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal [syn: ironware]
- (computer science) the mechanical, magnetic, electronic, and electrical components making up a computer system [syn: computer hardware] [ant: software]
- Hardware \Hard"ware`\, n.
Ware made of metal, as cutlery, kitchen utensils, and the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Hardware'
Hardware is a general term for the physical artifacts of a technology. It may also mean the physical components of a computer system, in the form of computer hardware.
Hardware historically meant the metal parts and fittings that were used to make wooden products stronger, more functional, longer lasting and easier to fabricate or assemble.
Modern hardware stores typically sell equipment such as keys, locks, hinges, latches, corners, handles, wire, chains, plumbing supplies, tools, utensils, cutlery and machine parts, especially when they are made of metal.[See more about Hardware at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Hardware'
'Hardware' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Hardware'
Hardware Sample Sentences in News
- Welcome Winter With Ace Hardware's Seasonal Color and Decor Trends
Today, Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry, unveils its winter 2013-14 color and décor trends hand-selected by Ace's panel of Design Experts. With more than 30 ... Read more on this news related to 'Hardware'
- Research and Markets: Computer Hardware Market Report 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Computer Hardware Market Report 2013" report to their Read more on this news related to 'Hardware'
- Common share buyback program of Richelieu Hardware Ltd.
Common share buyback program of Richelieu Hardware Ltd. Read more on this news related to 'Hardware'