Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Handbill'
n : an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet)
intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular
to all subscribers" [syn: circular, bill, broadside,
broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway]
- Handbill \Hand"bill`\, n.
- A loose, printed sheet, to be distributed by hand.
- A pruning hook. [Usually written hand bill.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Handbill'
A flyer (also spelled flier1 or called a circular, handbill or leaflet) is a single page leaflet advertising a nightclub, event, service, or other activity. Flyers are typically used by individuals or businesses to promote their products or services. They are a form of mass marketing or small scale, community communication. The verb "flyering" or "fliering" has evolved as a colloquial expression meaning "to put up flyers".
Flyers, along with postcards, pamphlets and small posters, are forms of communication for people who want to engage the public but do not have the money or desire to advertise over the internet, in telephone directories, or classified or display advertising in newspapers or other periodicals. As marketing became more direct in the late 1980s and 1990s, flyers evolved and currently there are many formats to be found. Some examples are:[See more about Handbill at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Handbill'
Handbill Sample Sentences in News
- Linkage: All Aboard Florida Begins Track Work; Banning Handbill People
· Prime Brickell lot hits the market for $35 million · 40-unit 'O Residences' planned for Bay Harbor Islands · Preliminary construction has begun for All Aboard Florida · Miami Beach may ban those pushy handbill people on Lincoln... Read more on this news related to 'Handbill'