Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
Habitation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the native habitat or home of an animal or plant
- housing that someone is living in; "he built a modest dwelling near the pond"; "they raise money to provide homes for the homeless" [syn: dwelling, home, domicile, abode, dwelling house]
- the act of dwelling in or living permanently in a place (said of both animals and men); "he studied the creation and inhabitation and demise of the colony" [syn: inhabitancy, inhabitation]
- Habitation \Hab`i*ta"tion\, n. [F. habitation, L. habi(?)atio.]
- The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy. --Denham.
- Place of abode; settled dwelling; residence; house. The Lord . . . blesseth the habitation of the just. --Prov. iii. 33.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
- Habitation at Port-Royal: The Habitation at Port-Royal (1605-1613) was the first French European settlement in North America north of Florida and is presently known ...
- Habitation Module: The Habitation Module for the International Space Station was intended to be the Station's main living quarters designed with galley , ...
- List of human habitation forms: A list of stationary and mobile types of human habitation. Stationary : Airport Apartment Apartment hotel Barn conversion Barracks , may also ...
- Habitation Extension Module: The Habitation Extension Modules (HEM) are proposed British -built modules designed to connect to Node 3 (Tranquility) of the ...
- Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave: Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave is a historic site of Ancient Hawaii an living quarters in a remote interior area of the island of Hawai okina ...
- List of cities by time of continuous habitation: Continuous habitation since the Chalcolithic (or Copper Age ) is possible (but difficult) to prove archaeologically for several Levant ine ...
Words and phrases related to 'Habitation'
Habitation Sample Sentences in News
- Dodge County woman charged in child neglect case
JUNEAU -- A 25-year-old Dodge County woman has been charged with raising her children in a home deemed unfit for human habitation. Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Media Advisory: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
QUEBEC CITY, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Feb. 17, 2014) - Members of the media are invited to the official opening of the Coopérative de solidarité en habitation de l'ARC (Phase 2). The event will take place in the presence of Jacques Gourde, Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, for Official Languages and for the Economic Development Agency of Canada fo Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Three Levels of Governments Open the Second Phase of the Cooperative de solidarite en habitation de l'ARC and Invest ...
QUÉBEC CITY, QUÉBEC--(Marketwired - Feb. 18, 2014) - As a result of the combined efforts of the governments of Canada and Quebec, the City of Québec and their local partners, semi-independent seniors now have access to 46 affordable housing units adapted to their needs. Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'