Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
Habitation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the native habitat or home of an animal or plant
- housing that someone is living in; "he built a modest dwelling near the pond"; "they raise money to provide homes for the homeless" [syn: dwelling, home, domicile, abode, dwelling house]
- the act of dwelling in or living permanently in a place (said of both animals and men); "he studied the creation and inhabitation and demise of the colony" [syn: inhabitancy, inhabitation]
- Habitation \Hab`i*ta"tion\, n. [F. habitation, L. habi(?)atio.]
- The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy. --Denham.
- Place of abode; settled dwelling; residence; house. The Lord . . . blesseth the habitation of the just. --Prov. iii. 33.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
- Habitation at Port-Royal: The Habitation at Port-Royal (1605-1613) was the first French European settlement in North America north of Florida and is presently known ...
- Habitation Module: The Habitation Module for the International Space Station was intended to be the Station's main living quarters designed with galley , ...
- List of human habitation forms: A list of stationary and mobile types of human habitation. Stationary : Airport Apartment Apartment hotel Barn conversion Barracks , may also ...
- Habitation Extension Module: The Habitation Extension Modules (HEM) are proposed British -built modules designed to connect to Node 3 (Tranquility) of the ...
- Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave: Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave is a historic site of Ancient Hawaii an living quarters in a remote interior area of the island of Hawai okina ...
- List of cities by time of continuous habitation: Continuous habitation since the Chalcolithic (or Copper Age ) is possible (but difficult) to prove archaeologically for several Levant ine ...
Words and phrases related to 'Habitation'
Habitation Sample Sentences in News
- Sea lions, scrub growth endanger island
Remnants of human habitation on New Zealand's remote Campbell Island are at risk of being wiped out. Aucklander Norm Judd, who has visited the island nine times since 1975, said Hooker's sea lions and scrub growth could destroy... Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Ancient trackway found within ‘drowned forest’ in Connemara
Oak structure confirms human habitation before Galway Bay was formed Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Two arrested, one at-large in Mount Pleasant burglary
The Mount Pleasant Police Department Criminal Investigation Division received a report of a Burglary of Habitation in the 800 block of E. 4th St. on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 where entry was made into the residence and a television was stolen. Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'