Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
Habitation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the native habitat or home of an animal or plant
- housing that someone is living in; "he built a modest dwelling near the pond"; "they raise money to provide homes for the homeless" [syn: dwelling, home, domicile, abode, dwelling house]
- the act of dwelling in or living permanently in a place (said of both animals and men); "he studied the creation and inhabitation and demise of the colony" [syn: inhabitancy, inhabitation]
- Habitation \Hab`i*ta"tion\, n. [F. habitation, L. habi(?)atio.]
- The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy. --Denham.
- Place of abode; settled dwelling; residence; house. The Lord . . . blesseth the habitation of the just. --Prov. iii. 33.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Habitation'
- Habitation at Port-Royal: The Habitation at Port-Royal (1605-1613) was the first French European settlement in North America north of Florida and is presently known ...
- Habitation Module: The Habitation Module for the International Space Station was intended to be the Station's main living quarters designed with galley , ...
- List of human habitation forms: A list of stationary and mobile types of human habitation. Stationary : Airport Apartment Apartment hotel Barn conversion Barracks , may also ...
- Habitation Extension Module: The Habitation Extension Modules (HEM) are proposed British -built modules designed to connect to Node 3 (Tranquility) of the ...
- Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave: Bobcat Trail Habitation Cave is a historic site of Ancient Hawaii an living quarters in a remote interior area of the island of Hawai okina ...
- List of cities by time of continuous habitation: Continuous habitation since the Chalcolithic (or Copper Age ) is possible (but difficult) to prove archaeologically for several Levant ine ...
Words and phrases related to 'Habitation'
Habitation Sample Sentences in News
- Neolithic huts built at Old Sarum
Clues to Stonehenge habitation Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Plea bargains
Three years in prison for drug trafficking and 180 days in jail for burglary of a habitation were among the plea agreements recently accepted in Wharton County’s 329th District Court. Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'
- Panic grips as herd of wild boar sneaks into human habitation
Kendrapada, May 6 : Panic gripped the Kharanashi village under Mahakalapada block of coastal Kendrapada district after a herd of wild boars strayed into the human habitation from the nearby protected forest of Kharanashi under Bhitarkanika National Park. Read more on this news related to 'Habitation'