Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
Growl Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the sound of growling (as made by animals) [syn: growling]
v : to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds; "he grumbled a
rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff" [syn: grumble,
- Growl \Growl\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Growled; p. pr. & vb. e.
Growling.] [D. grollen to grunt, murmur, be angry; akin to
G. grollen to be angry.]
To utter a deep guttural sound, sa an angry dog; to give
forth an angry, grumbling sound. --Gay.
- Growl \Growl\, v. t.
To express by growling. --Thomson.
- Growl \Growl\, n.
The deep, threatening sound made by a surly dog; a grumbling
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
- Growling (disambiguation): Growling or growl may refer to: Death growl , the dominant singing style in death metal Growling , animal vocalization. Borborygmus , the ...
- Death growl: A death growl, also known as death metal vocals, guttural vocals, death grunts, Cookie Monster singing, harsh vocals, unclean vocals, bad ...
- Growl (software): Growl is a global notification system for the Mac OS X and Windows operating system s. Applications can use Growl to display small ...
- Growling: Growling or growl is a low, guttural vocalization produced by predator y animals as a warning to others, as a sign of aggression , or to ...
- Woodwind growl: Woodwind growling is a musical technique where the instrumentalist vocalizes into the instrument to alter quality of the sound. ...
- Growl (video game): Growl, known in Japan as Runark | ルナーク, is a video game released by Taito in Japan in 1990, and even though the title screen of the U.S. ...
- Growl (album): Growl is a 2008 album by Radioactive Man . It was his first release in five years as well as the first on his own label, Control Tower . ...
- Philadelphia Growl: The Philadelphia Growl were a professional inline hockey team based in Voorhees , New Jersey . They were members of the Atlantic Division ...
- Gator Growl: Gator Growl, produced by Florida Blue Key, is a student-run pep rally at the University of Florida that was founded in 1932 It marks the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Growl'