Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
Growl Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the sound of growling (as made by animals) [syn: growling]
v : to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds; "he grumbled a
rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff" [syn: grumble,
- Growl \Growl\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Growled; p. pr. & vb. e.
Growling.] [D. grollen to grunt, murmur, be angry; akin to
G. grollen to be angry.]
To utter a deep guttural sound, sa an angry dog; to give
forth an angry, grumbling sound. --Gay.
- Growl \Growl\, v. t.
To express by growling. --Thomson.
- Growl \Growl\, n.
The deep, threatening sound made by a surly dog; a grumbling
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
- Growling (disambiguation): Growling or growl may refer to: Death growl , the dominant singing style in death metal Growling , animal vocalization. Borborygmus , the ...
- Death growl: A death growl, also known as death metal vocals, guttural vocals, death grunts, Cookie Monster singing, harsh vocals, unclean vocals, bad ...
- Growl (software): Growl is a global notification system for the Mac OS X and Windows operating system s. Applications can use Growl to display small ...
- Growling: Growling or growl is a low, guttural vocalization produced by predator y animals as a warning to others, as a sign of aggression , or to ...
- Woodwind growl: Woodwind growling is a musical technique where the instrumentalist vocalizes into the instrument to alter quality of the sound. ...
- Growl (video game): Growl, known in Japan as Runark | ルナーク, is a video game released by Taito in Japan in 1990, and even though the title screen of the U.S. ...
- Growl (album): Growl is a 2008 album by Radioactive Man . It was his first release in five years as well as the first on his own label, Control Tower . ...
- Philadelphia Growl: The Philadelphia Growl were a professional inline hockey team based in Voorhees , New Jersey . They were members of the Atlantic Division ...
- Gator Growl: Gator Growl, produced by Florida Blue Key, is a student-run pep rally at the University of Florida that was founded in 1932 It marks the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Growl'
Growl Sample Sentences in News
- Growl bassist attack vision released
CCTV vision released of a man police want to speak to about an unprovoked attack on Perth bass player. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'
- Attack on the Growl bassist Marc Earley: video footage released
Police have released CCTV footage of a man wanted for questioning over an unprovoked attack on bass player Marc Earley that threatens to end his musical career. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'
- Mardi Growl dogs take to the streets
KNOXVILLE — As participants in the seventh annual Mardi Growl dog parade waited to get started on South Central Avenue downtown Saturday morning, Deborah Franklin was sporting festive Mardi Gras accessories. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'