Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
Growl Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the sound of growling (as made by animals) [syn: growling]
v : to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds; "he grumbled a
rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff" [syn: grumble,
- Growl \Growl\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Growled; p. pr. & vb. e.
Growling.] [D. grollen to grunt, murmur, be angry; akin to
G. grollen to be angry.]
To utter a deep guttural sound, sa an angry dog; to give
forth an angry, grumbling sound. --Gay.
- Growl \Growl\, v. t.
To express by growling. --Thomson.
- Growl \Growl\, n.
The deep, threatening sound made by a surly dog; a grumbling
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Growl'
- Growling (disambiguation): Growling or growl may refer to: Death growl , the dominant singing style in death metal Growling , animal vocalization. Borborygmus , the ...
- Death growl: A death growl, also known as death metal vocals, guttural vocals, death grunts, Cookie Monster singing, harsh vocals, unclean vocals, bad ...
- Growl (software): Growl is a global notification system for the Mac OS X and Windows operating system s. Applications can use Growl to display small ...
- Growling: Growling or growl is a low, guttural vocalization produced by predator y animals as a warning to others, as a sign of aggression , or to ...
- Woodwind growl: Woodwind growling is a musical technique where the instrumentalist vocalizes into the instrument to alter quality of the sound. ...
- Growl (video game): Growl, known in Japan as Runark | ルナーク, is a video game released by Taito in Japan in 1990, and even though the title screen of the U.S. ...
- Growl (album): Growl is a 2008 album by Radioactive Man . It was his first release in five years as well as the first on his own label, Control Tower . ...
- Philadelphia Growl: The Philadelphia Growl were a professional inline hockey team based in Voorhees , New Jersey . They were members of the Atlantic Division ...
- Gator Growl: Gator Growl, produced by Florida Blue Key, is a student-run pep rally at the University of Florida that was founded in 1932 It marks the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Growl'
Growl Sample Sentences in News
- Gator Growl ’14 leaves Ben Hill Griffin Stadium for Flavet Field
Sister Hazel performs at Gator Growl on Nov. 8, 2013, at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. This year’s Gator Growl will be hosted on Flavet Field instead of in the Swamp. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'
- Flavet fail: Moving Gator Growl won’t solve everything
Florida Blue Key announced Sunday it’s breaking with the 82-year tradition of holding Gator Growl in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. This October, the pep rally/concert/comedy show will take place on Flavet Field. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'
- Brunswick Nuclear Plant to test sirens April 16
The Brunswick Nuclear Plant will be conducting "growl tests" of the public alert and notification sirens Wednesday, April 16 starting at 10:00 a.m. Read more on this news related to 'Growl'