Gregorian Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or relating to Pope Gregory XIII or the calendar he introduced in 1582
- of or relating to Pope Gregory I or to the plainsong chants of the Roman Catholic Church
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gregorian'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gregorian'
- Gregorian: Things named for Pope Gregory I: Gregorian chant Gregorian mass Brotherhood of Saint Gregory Gregorian calendar The Gregorian reform (Pope Gregory VII) Things
- Gregorian Reform: Should not be confused with the Gregorian calendar. The Gregorian Reforms were a series of reforms initiated by Pope Gregory VII and the circle he formed
- Proleptic Gregorian calendar: The proleptic Gregorian calendar is produced by extending the Gregorian calendar backward to dates preceding its official introduction in 1582. In countries
- Gregorian calendar: periods, see Liturgical year. For this year's Gregorian calendar, see Leap year starting on Friday. The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar
- Pontifical Gregorian University: The Pontifical Gregorian University (Italian: Pontificia Università Gregoriana; also known as the Gregorianum, or the PUG, or Greg) is a pontifical university
- Gregorian (band): Gregorian is a German band headed by Frank Peterson that performs Gregorian chant-inspired versions of modern pop and rock songs. The band features both
- Gregorian chant: Gregorian chant is the central tradition of Western plainchant, a form of monophonic, unaccompanied sacred song of the western Roman Catholic Church.
- Gregorian telescope: The Gregorian telescope is a type of reflecting telescope designed by Scottish mathematician and astronomer James Gregory in the 17th century, and first