Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Greenback'
Greenback Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central
bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
[syn: bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's
bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note]
- Garfish \Gar"fish`\, n. [See Gar, n.] (Zo["o]l.)
(a) A European marine fish (Belone vulgaris); -- called
also gar, gerrick, greenback, greenbone,
gorebill, hornfish, longnose, mackerel guide,
sea needle, and sea pike.
(b) One of several species of similar fishes of the genus
Tylosurus, of which one species (T. marinus) is
common on the Atlantic coast. T. Caribb[ae]us, a very
large species, and T. crassus, are more southern; --
called also needlefish. Many of the common names of the
European garfish are also applied to the American
- Greenback \Green"back"\, n.
One of the legal tender notes of the United States; -- first
issued in 1862, and having the devices on the back printed
with green ink, to prevent alterations and counterfeits.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Greenback'
- Greenback: Greenback may refer to: In currency: Greenback (money), a fiat currency issued during the American Civil War. United States Note ...
- Greenback Party: The Greenback Party (also known as the Independent Party, the National Party, and the Greenback-Labor Party was an American political ...
- Greenback, Tennessee: Greenback is a city in Loudon County , Tennessee , United States . Its population was at 954, according to the 2000 census . ...
- Greenback (money): The term greenback refers to paper currency that was issued by the United States during the American Civil War There are at least two ...
- Greenback cutthroat trout: The greenback cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarki stomias) is the easternmost subspecies of cutthroat trout . This subspecies, once ...
- Greenback stingaree: The greenback stingaree (Urolophus viridis) is a little-known species of stingray in the family Urolophidae , endemic to the outer ...
Words and phrases related to 'Greenback'
Greenback Sample Sentences in News
- Greenback cutthroat trout recovery gets stronger with Colorado project
Circling in captivity, Colorado's imperiled state fish — the greenback cutthroat trout — shuns traditional fish food. Read more on this news related to 'Greenback'
- CANADA FX DEBT-C$ at nearly 1-week low with Bank of Canada in view
The Canadian dollar weakened against the greenback on Tuesday to its lowest level in nearly a week, hurt by broad strength in its U.S. counterpart and as investors were wary of taking big bets a day ahead ... Read more on this news related to 'Greenback'
- The U.S. dollar is super strong now
You go, greenback! The U.S. dollar is mightier than it has been in more than a year. Read more on this news related to 'Greenback'