Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Greenback'
Greenback Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central
bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
[syn: bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's
bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note]
- Garfish \Gar"fish`\, n. [See Gar, n.] (Zo["o]l.)
(a) A European marine fish (Belone vulgaris); -- called
also gar, gerrick, greenback, greenbone,
gorebill, hornfish, longnose, mackerel guide,
sea needle, and sea pike.
(b) One of several species of similar fishes of the genus
Tylosurus, of which one species (T. marinus) is
common on the Atlantic coast. T. Caribb[ae]us, a very
large species, and T. crassus, are more southern; --
called also needlefish. Many of the common names of the
European garfish are also applied to the American
- Greenback \Green"back"\, n.
One of the legal tender notes of the United States; -- first
issued in 1862, and having the devices on the back printed
with green ink, to prevent alterations and counterfeits.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Greenback'
- Greenback: Greenback may refer to: In currency: Greenback (money), a fiat currency issued during the American Civil War. United States Note ...
- Greenback Party: The Greenback Party (also known as the Independent Party, the National Party, and the Greenback-Labor Party was an American political ...
- Greenback, Tennessee: Greenback is a city in Loudon County , Tennessee , United States . Its population was at 954, according to the 2000 census . ...
- Greenback (money): The term greenback refers to paper currency that was issued by the United States during the American Civil War There are at least two ...
- Greenback cutthroat trout: The greenback cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarki stomias) is the easternmost subspecies of cutthroat trout . This subspecies, once ...
- Greenback stingaree: The greenback stingaree (Urolophus viridis) is a little-known species of stingray in the family Urolophidae , endemic to the outer ...