Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gory'
Gory Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- covered with blood; "a bloodstained shirt"; "a gory dagger" [syn: bloodstained]
- accompanied by bloodshed; "this bitter and sanguinary war" [syn: sanguinary, sanguineous, slaughterous, butcherly] [also: goriest, gorier]
- Gory \Gor"y\, a. [From Gore.]
- Covered with gore or clotted blood. Thou canst not say I did it; never shake Thy gory locks at me. --Shak.
- Bloody; murderous. ``Gory emulation.'' --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gory'
- Gory: Góry (meaning "mountains" or "hills") may refer to the following villages and settlements in Poland: In Greater Poland Voivodeship (west- ...
- Gory Guerrero: Salvador Guerrero Quesada (January 11, 1921 – April 18, 1990), better known as Gory Guerrero, was one of the premier Hispanic professional ...
- Gory, Mali: Gory is a rural commune and small town in the Cercle of Yelimane in the Kayes Region of western Mali . Foungou, Gory, Gory Banda, ...
- Hippolyte Louis Gory: Hippolyte Louis Gory (1800-1852) was a French entomologist . Life: Hippolyte Louis Gory was born in Paris, 5th arrondissement the 27 (or ...
Words and phrases related to 'Gory'