Gondola Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- car suspended from an airship and carrying personnel and cargo and power plant
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof ,
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice ,
- the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gondola'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gondola'
- Gondola: other uses, see Gondola (disambiguation). "Gondolier" redirects here. For other uses, see Gondolier (disambiguation). The gondola is a traditional
- Gondola lift: A gondola lift, also called a cable car, is a type of aerial lift which is supported and propelled by cables from above. It consists of a loop of steel
- Gondola (rail): terminology, a gondola is an open-top type of rolling stock that is used for carrying loose bulk materials. Because of its low side walls, gondolas are used
- Gondola District: Gondola District is a district of Manica Province in western Mozambique. The principal town is Gondola. District profile (PDF) (Portuguese) Coordinates:
- Gondola (family): The Gondola (known in Croatian as Gundulić) was a noble family of the Republic of Ragusa, considered one of the most prestiguos families of the republic
- Heyran Gondola lift, Astara: Heyran Gondola lift (Télécabine) (Persian: Telekābine Heyrān Āstārā) is in the region of Gilan Province and the city of Bandar-e-Astara near by Heyran
- The Sorrow Gondola: The Sorrow Gondola (Swedish: Sorgegondolen) is a 1996 poetry collection by the Swedish writer Tomas Tranströmer. The title refers to the composition La
- Gondola (disambiguation): Gondola, Mozambique, the principal town of Gondola District, Mozambique Gondola Point, a community in New Brunswick, Canada Gondola Ridge, Antarctica
- Gondola Group: Gondola Group is a chain restaurant operator in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It operates in 600 locations using several casual dining brands: ASK Italian
- Gondola Point: Gondola Point Gondola Point is a Canadian suburban community located in Kings County, New Brunswick. It is within the town of Quispamsis and forms
Gondola Sample Sentences in News
- Canterbury Police and ACR lead joint Chch Gondola SAREX
Tonight Canterbury Police and Alpine Cliff Rescue (ACR) will lead the first emergency training exercise to test a rescue plan in the event of a catastrophic disaster that affects the Christchurch Gondola. This will also be the first time that Canterbury Police, Alpine Cliff Rescue (ACR), LandSAR, Amateur Radio Emergency Communications (AREC), Civil Defence, Westpa Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'
- Vail to connect Utah resorts
The opening of a new high-speed gondola will connect two Utah ski resorts, creating one of the biggest skiing areas in the US. Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'
- Sideswipe: December 19: Cat Santa visit freak out
"This woman took her cats to a department store to visit Santa and, as you can see, it went quite well." (Via Ash Warner @AlsBoy on Twitter) Gondola in 60 seconds Two Germans made off with one of Venice's gondolas. The couple,... Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'