Gondola Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- car suspended from an airship and carrying personnel and cargo and power plant
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof ,
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice ,
- the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gondola'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gondola'
- Gondola: other uses, see Gondola (disambiguation). "Gondolier" redirects here. For other uses, see Gondolier (disambiguation). The gondola (/ˈɡɒndələ/; Italian: [ˈɡondola])
- Gondola lift: transport. For other uses, see Gondola (disambiguation). A gondola lift, as opposed to a cable car
- List of gondola lifts: This article is a List of gondola lifts around the world. A gondola lift has cabins suspended from a continuously circulating cable whereas aerial trams
- Gondola (rail): For other uses, see Gondola (disambiguation). This article is about US railroad practice. For information on European open wagons, see Open wagon.
- Maokong Gondola: Gondola (Chinese: 貓空纜車; pinyin: Māokōng Lǎnchē) is a gondola lift transportation system in Taipei, Taiwan. Opened on 4 July 2007, the Maokong Gondola
- Gondola Group: Gondola Group was a chain restaurant operator in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It operated several casual dining brands: Byron Hamburgers, sold to Hutton
- Christchurch Gondola: The Christchurch Gondola is a tourist attraction in Christchurch, New Zealand. The gondola base is located in Heathcote Valley, and it traverses the slopes
- SY Gondola: The steam yacht Gondola is a rebuilt Victorian, screw-propelled, steam-powered passenger vessel on Coniston Water, England. Originally launched in 1859
- Maçka Gondola: The Maçka Gondola, aka Maçka – Taşkışla Aerial Cable Car, (Turkish: TF1 Maçka – Taşkışla teleferik hattı) is a two-station gondola-type line of aerial
- Eyüp Gondola: The Eyüp Gondola, a.k.a. Eyüp–Piyerloti Aerial Cable Car, (Turkish: TF2 Eyüp–Piyerloti teleferik hattı) is a two-station gondola-type line of aerial lift