Gondola Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- car suspended from an airship and carrying personnel and cargo and power plant
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a low flat-bottomed freight car with fixed sides but no roof ,
- long narrow flat-bottomed boat propelled by sculling; traditionally used on canals of Venice ,
- the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gondola'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gondola'
- Gondola: other uses, see Gondola (disambiguation). "Gondolier" redirects here. For other uses, see Gondolier (disambiguation). The gondola is a traditional
- Gondola lift: A gondola lift, also called a cable car, is a type of aerial lift which is supported and propelled by cables from above. It consists of a loop of steel
- Gondola (rail): terminology, a gondola is an open-top type of rolling stock that is used for carrying loose bulk materials. Because of its low side walls, gondolas are used
- Gondola District: Gondola District is a district of Manica Province in western Mozambique. The principal town is Gondola. District profile (PDF) (Portuguese) Coordinates:
- Heyran Gondola lift, Astara: Heyran Gondola lift (Télécabine) (Persian: Telekābine Heyrān Āstārā) is in the region of Gilan Province and the city of Bandar-e-Astara near by Heyran
- Gondola (disambiguation): Gondola, Mozambique, the principal town of Gondola District, Mozambique Gondola Point, a community in New Brunswick, Canada Gondola Ridge, Antarctica
- Gondola Point: Gondola Point Gondola Point is a Canadian suburban community located in Kings County, New Brunswick. It is within the town of Quispamsis and forms
- Gondola Group: Gondola Group is a chain restaurant operator in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It operates in 600 locations using several casual dining brands: ASK Italian
- Maokong Gondola: The Maokong Gondola (貓空纜車) is a gondola lift transportation system in Taipei, Taiwan. Opened on 4 July 2007, the Maokong Gondola operates between Taipei
Gondola Sample Sentences in News
- Picton gondola idea comes back to life
A former Picton motelier is resurrecting a 25-year plan to build a multi-million dollar gondola and hilltop restaurant overlooking the Marlborough Sounds. Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'
- Sea to Sky Gondola opens up new backcountry routes
Snowshoers, backcountry skiers, and winter enthusiasts in general have a few new options to explore this season with the alpine access offered by the Sea to Sky Gondola. A 10-minute ride allows for winter trekking among the tall trees high above Howe Sound in what’s being dubbed "B.C.'s newest winter playground." Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'
- Sea to Sky Gondola re-opens Nov. 27, launches Facebook contest
Whistler Blackcomb isn’t the only big-time gondola to start turning this week. The Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish will start its winter operations commencing on Thursday, Nov. 27. Read more on this news related to 'Gondola'