Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Gobble \Gob"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gobbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Gobbling.] [Freq. of 2d gob.]
- To swallow or eat greedily or hastily; to gulp. Supper gobbled up in haste. --Swift.
- To utter (a sound) like a turkey cock. He . . . gobbles out a note of self-approbation. --Goldsmith. To gobble up, to capture in a mass or in masses; to capture suddenly. [Slang]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Words and phrases related to 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Sample Sentences in News
- Here's What Investors Who Gobbled El Pollo Loco's IPO Missed
Investors feasted on El Pollo Loco stock in its IPO debut today -- but will the taste turn sour? Here are the warning signs this chicken chain isn't a good long-term bet... Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Hot dogs gobbled, small-town parades cheered as U.S. marks soggy July 4
By Victoria Cavaliere NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hot-dog eating champs, backyard picnickers and small-town parade lovers pressed on with Fourth of July celebrations on Friday, some featuring less sizzle than usual after Hurricane Arthur dampened many Independence Day plans. In Washington, President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, presided over a barbecue and concer Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Eaton Corp. 2nd quarter sales up but profits slammed by litigation settlements, costs
Litigation costs gobbled up profits during the second quarter at the Eaton Corp. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'