Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Gobble \Gob"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gobbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Gobbling.] [Freq. of 2d gob.]
- To swallow or eat greedily or hastily; to gulp. Supper gobbled up in haste. --Swift.
- To utter (a sound) like a turkey cock. He . . . gobbles out a note of self-approbation. --Goldsmith. To gobble up, to capture in a mass or in masses; to capture suddenly. [Slang]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Words and phrases related to 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Sample Sentences in News
- Blue Monster gobbled up golf balls at a record pace this year
Blue Monster gobbled up golf balls at a record pace this year Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- First 2 Corvettes lifted by crane from Ky sinkhole
Two classic Corvettes re-emerged Monday from a giant sinkhole that gobbled up those and six other prized vehicles still trapped beneath the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Fyffes and Chiquita to merge to form $4.6bn banana giant
US giant Chiquita has gobbled up Ireland’s Fyffes in an all-share deal announced today, creating a $4.6 billion (£2.76 billion) banana behemoth. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'