Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Gobble \Gob"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gobbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Gobbling.] [Freq. of 2d gob.]
- To swallow or eat greedily or hastily; to gulp. Supper gobbled up in haste. --Swift.
- To utter (a sound) like a turkey cock. He . . . gobbles out a note of self-approbation. --Goldsmith. To gobble up, to capture in a mass or in masses; to capture suddenly. [Slang]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Words and phrases related to 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Sample Sentences in News
- Home condemned after sinkhole opens in Spring Hill
After a sinkhole gobbled up Linda Fisher's driveway and sent cracks running throughout her property, Hernando County officials say they are condemning her home. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Putin’s Bold Power Play in America’s Backyard
The downing of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 near the border of Russia and Ukraine, allegedly at the hands of Russian separatists, has gobbled up the attention of world media. It’s obscuring what amounts to Russia’s most audacious power play in the Western Hemisphere since the end of the Cold War. Earlier this month, Russian President Vladimir Putin made a week Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Hot dogs gobbled, small-town parades cheered as U.S. marks soggy July 4
By Victoria Cavaliere NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hot-dog eating champs, backyard picnickers and small-town parade lovers pressed on with Fourth of July celebrations on Friday, some featuring less sizzle than usual after Hurricane Arthur dampened many Independence Day plans. In Washington, President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, presided over a barbecue and concer Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'