Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Gobble \Gob"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gobbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Gobbling.] [Freq. of 2d gob.]
- To swallow or eat greedily or hastily; to gulp. Supper gobbled up in haste. --Swift.
- To utter (a sound) like a turkey cock. He . . . gobbles out a note of self-approbation. --Goldsmith. To gobble up, to capture in a mass or in masses; to capture suddenly. [Slang]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gobbled'
Words and phrases related to 'Gobbled'
Gobbled Sample Sentences in News
- On Passover Eve, Manischewitz Gobbled Up By Bain Capital
Mitt Romney's old firm is getting into the matzo business. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Workers recover last Corvette from Ky. sinkhole
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) — The last of eight classic Corvettes gobbled up by a giant sinkhole in Kentucky has been recovered, but the mood was somber as the mangled car was pulled to the surface. Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'
- Peperami gobbled up by US meat snacks firm Jack Link's
German-made sausage snack bought by Jack Link's for undisclosed sum after it was sold by Unilever Peperami has been gobbled up by US meat snacks firm Jack Link's after being sold by consumer goods giant Unilever. The German-made sausage snack, marketed with the slogans "a bit of an animal" and "too spicy for ya", has become a lunchbox s Read more on this news related to 'Gobbled'