Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gallop'
Gallop Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a fast gait of a horse; a two-beat stride during which all
four legs are off the ground simultaneously
- ride at a galloping pace; "He was galloping down the road"
- go at galloping speed; "The horse was galloping along"
- cause to move at full gallop; "Did you gallop the horse just now?" [syn: extend]
- Gallop \Gal"lop\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Galloped; p. pr. & vb.
n. Galloping.] [OE. galopen, F. galoper, of German origin;
cf. assumed Goth. ga-hlaupan to run, OHG. giloufen, AS.
gehle['a]pan to leap, dance, fr. root of E. leap, and a
prefix; or cf. OFlem. walop a gallop. See Leap, and cf. 1st
- To move or run in the mode called a gallop; as a horse; to go at a gallop; to run or move with speed. But gallop lively down the western hill. --Donne.
- Gallop \Gal"lop\, v. t.
To cause to gallop.
- Gallop \Gal"lop\, n. [Cf. F. galop. See Gallop, v. i., and cf.
A mode of running by a quadruped, particularly by a horse, by
lifting alternately the fore feet and the hind feet, in
successive leaps or bounds.
Hand gallop, a slow or gentle gallop.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gallop'
- Gallop: Gallop is an asymmetrical gait used at high speeds by quadrupedal organisms such as the gait seen in the horse . Gallop may also refer to: ...
- Geoff Gallop: Geoffrey Ian Gallop, AC (born 27 September 1951) is an Australian academic and former politician . He was the Premier of Western ...
- Gallop (studio): sometimes credited as Studio Gallop, is a Japan ese animation studio. Works TV series Production : Akazukin Chacha Animal Yokocho ...
- Gallop Ministry: The Gallop Ministry was the 33rd Ministry of the Government of Western Australia , and was led by Labor Premier Geoff Gallop and his ...
- Conductor gallop: Conductor gallop is the high-amplitude, low-frequency oscillation of overhead power line s due to the wind The swings in the wires occur ...
- Gallop (drumming): A gallop is a drum beat typically used in metal songs, mostly using a double kick pedal (but can also be played with a single pedal). ...
- Frank Gallop: Frank Gallop (June 20, 1900,- Boston, Massachusetts – May 5, 1988, New York City ) was an American radio and television personality. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Gallop'
Gallop Sample Sentences in News
- Big Five: can little horse gallop?
BIG FIVE: Chelsea’s little horse can gallop clear at the top of the Premier League as Barca’s treble dream lives on. Read more on this news related to 'Gallop'
- Gallop maintains his winning roll
Lloyd Gallop maintained his stellar form of the new year to claim the McKendry Men's Open Pairs title with Blenheim clubmate Warren Minogue at the weekend. Read more on this news related to 'Gallop'
- PV Guru Installs 120kW Photovoltaic Power System for Gallop Corporation, Offsetting 95% of its Current Usage
PV Guru Inc., a full-service solar and electric company, recently installed a 120-kilowatt photovoltaic system for Gallop Corporation in Carson, CA. This photovoltaic system will offset approximately 95% of Gallop Corporation’s current energy usage. Read more on this news related to 'Gallop'