Galactic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inconceivably large
- of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Galactic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Galactic'
- Galactic: Galactic is a funk and jazz jam band from New Orleans , Louisiana , United States. Origins and background: (under the name Galactic ...
- Galactic coordinate system: The galactic coordinate system is a celestial coordinate system in spherical coordinates , with the Sun as its center, the primary ...
- Galactic Center: The latest estimates from geometric-based methods and standard candle s yield distances to the Galactic Center between 7.6 and 8.7 kpc (25 ...
- Galactic Republic: The Galactic Republic is the name of the interplanetary State used in the fictional Star Wars universe prior to the establishment of the ...
- Virgin Galactic: Virgin Galactic is a British commercial spaceflight company within the Virgin Group with ambitious plans to provide suborbital spaceflight ...
- Galactic Empire (Star Wars): The Galactic Empire is one of the main factions in the fictional universe of Star Wars . to replace the Galactic Republic in Star Wars ...
Words and phrases related to 'Galactic'
Galactic Sample Sentences in News
- Virgin Galactic, Land Rover Launch Contest to Send People into Space
The car company Land Rover is partnering with the private spaceflight company Virgin Galactic to send the most adventurous people it can find into space. In concert with the launch of its 2015 Discovery Sport SUV, Land Rover representatives will look in 29 countries for "the world's most adventurous spirits." They will then select a winner (along wit Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Virgin Galactic STILL isn't ready 6 years after Richard Branson promised blast off
Sir Richard Branson said Virgin Galactic would put civilians in space by 2008, but his space ship is still not ready, with taxpayers who funded his spaceport in New Mexico growing increasingly impatient. Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Virgin Galactic pushes back first flight _ again
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Virgin Galactic has again pushed back its timeline for launching space-tourism flights from southern New Mexico's Spaceport America. Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'