Galactic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inconceivably large
- of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Galactic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Galactic'
- Galactic: "Galactic". For generic usage, see Galaxy. For specific astronomical usage, see Milky Way Galaxy. For the aviation callsign, see Virgin Galactic.
- Galactic coordinate system: The galactic coordinate system is a celestial coordinate system in spherical coordinates, with the Sun as its center, the primary direction aligned with
- Galactic year: The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Solar System to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way
- Galactic plane: the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically
- Galactic corona: The terms galactic corona and gaseous corona have been used in the first decade of the 21st century to describe a hot, ionised, gaseous component in the
- Galactic halo: The galactic halo is an extended, roughly spherical component of a galaxy which extends beyond the main, visible component. It can refer to any of several
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Legend of the Galactic Heroes (銀河英雄伝説, Ginga Eiyū Densetsu?), also known as LOTGH (銀英伝, Gin'eiden?), is a series of science fiction novels written by Yoshiki
- Galactic Center: (astronomy). For the book saga, see Galactic Center Saga. Play media Play media The Galactic Center (or Galactic Centre) is the rotational center
- Galactic Republic: The Old Republic. "galactic republic" redirects here. It is not to be confused with Galactic Federation (disambiguation). The Galactic Republic is the name
Words and phrases related to 'Galactic'
Galactic Sample Sentences in News
- Can Virgin Galactic Recover From SpaceShipTwo Tragedy?
What does the second loss of a commercial spaceship in the past week mean for investors in leading aerospace companies? Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Problems Plagued Virgin Galactic Rocket Ship Long Before Crash
Engineers and subcontractors working on SpaceShipTwo spent years wrestling with difficulties, ranging from inadequate rocket-motor thrust to problems in the flight-control system to structural deficiencies affecting the wings of the rocket’s carrier plane. Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Virgin Galactic Spaceship's 'Feathering' Descent System Eyed in Deadly Crash
Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space plane broke apart just after its "feathering" re-entry system deployed early during a tragic test flight on Friday (Oct. 31) that left one pilot dead and another injured, according to the National Transportation Safety Board. SpaceShipTwo's twin rudders can be "feathered," or rotated up, to increase Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'