Galactic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inconceivably large
- of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Galactic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Galactic'
- Galactic: "Galactic". For generic usage, see Galaxy. For specific astronomical usage, see Milky Way Galaxy. For the aviation callsign, see Virgin Galactic.
- Galactic coordinate system: The galactic coordinate system is a celestial coordinate system in spherical coordinates, with the Sun as its center, the primary direction aligned with
- Galactic habitable zone: astrophysics, the galactic habitable zone is the region of a galaxy in which life is most likely to develop. More specifically, the concept of a galactic habitable
- Galactic year: The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Solar System to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way
- Galactic corona: The terms galactic corona and gaseous corona have been used in the first decade of the 21st century to describe a hot, ionised, gaseous component in the
- Galactic plane: the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically
- Galactic Civilizations: the videogame. For the type of civilization, see Type III Civilization. Galactic Civilizations is a turn-based strategy video game developed by Stardock
- Galactic halo: The galactic halo is an extended, roughly spherical component of a galaxy which extends beyond the main, visible component. Several distinct components
- Galactic astronomy: Galactic astronomy is the study of the Milky Way galaxy and all its contents. This is in contrast to extragalactic astronomy, which is the study of everything
Words and phrases related to 'Galactic'