Galactic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inconceivably large
- of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Galactic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Galactic'
- Galactic: named "Galactic". For generic usage, see Galaxy. For specific astronomical usage, see Milky Way Galaxy. For the aviation callsign, see Virgin Galactic. For
- Galactic coordinate system: The galactic coordinate system is a celestial coordinate system in spherical coordinates, with the Sun as its center, the primary direction aligned with
- Galactic corona: The terms galactic corona and gaseous corona have been used in the first decade of the 21st century to describe a hot, ionised, gaseous component in the
- Galactic year: The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Solar System to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way
- Galactic habitable zone: astrophysics, the galactic habitable zone is the region of a galaxy in which life is most likely to develop. More specifically, the concept of a galactic habitable
- Galactic plane: the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically
- Galactic empire: For other uses, see Galactic empire (disambiguation). Galactic empires are a common trope used in science fantasy and science fiction, particularly in
- Galactic halo: The galactic halo is an extended, roughly spherical component of a galaxy which extends beyond the main, visible component. Several distinct components
- Galactic Civilizations: the videogame. For the type of civilization, see Type III Civilization. Galactic Civilizations is a turn-based strategy video game developed by Stardock
Words and phrases related to 'Galactic'