Furtive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- secret and sly or sordid; "backstairs gossip"; "his low backstairs cunning"- A.L.Guerard; "backstairs intimacies"; "furtive behavior"
- marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a lurking prowler"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"; "someone skulking in the shadows"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Furtive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Furtive'
- Exagon Furtive-eGT: The Exagon Furtive-eGT is a four-seat electric sports car produced by Exagon Motors . It was unveiled at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as a ...
- Furtive flycatcher: The furtive flycatcher (Ficedula disposita) is a species of bird in the Muscicapidae family. It is endemic to the Philippines . ...
- Furtive fallacy: The furtive fallacy is an informal fallacy of emphasis in which outcomes are asserted to have been caused by the malfeasance of decision ...
- Furtive tuco-tuco: The furtive tuco-tuco (Ctenomys occultus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae . It is endemic to Argentina . References ...
Words and phrases related to 'Furtive'
Furtive Sample Sentences in News
- Here's What Else You Could Buy For The Price Of An Apple iWatch
Apple employees operate under a policy of secrecy so severe it makes even the most furtive of NSA agents seem like loose-lipped blabbermouths. So although everyone with even the vaguest interest in tech is talking about the semi-mythical iWatch just now, we don't know for sure what it will look [...] Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'
- In Hyderabad's High-Security Jail, Prisoners Use Phones Freely
A prisoner using a cellphone is photographed on a cellphone. Six times. The furtive photographer, officials say, was another prisoner who had his own mobile phone which he put to use. And yet, the off... Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'
- Looking for light
What doomed the “Stop Dark Money” ballot initiative? by Ketti Wilhelm and Dennis Swibold Politics is a cheap game to play in Montana, thanks largely to “dark money,” a furtive type of campaign funding for which the state has a substantial claim to being the nation’s poster child. Liberal and conservative groups flooded Montana with funds from undisclosed Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'