Furtive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- secret and sly or sordid; "backstairs gossip"; "his low backstairs cunning"- A.L.Guerard; "backstairs intimacies"; "furtive behavior"
- marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a lurking prowler"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"; "someone skulking in the shadows"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Furtive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Furtive'
- Furtive tuco-tuco: The furtive tuco-tuco (Ctenomys occultus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is endemic to Argentina. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. & Ojeda
- Furtive fallacy: The furtive fallacy is an informal fallacy of emphasis in which outcomes are asserted to have been caused by the malfeasance of decision makers. Historian
- Exagon Furtive-eGT: The Exagon Furtive-eGT is a four-seat electric sports car produced by Exagon Motors. It was unveiled at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as a concept. A slightly
- Furtive flycatcher: The furtive flycatcher (Ficedula disposita) is a species of bird in the Muscicapidae family. It is endemic to the Philippines. Its natural habitats are
Words and phrases related to 'Furtive'
Furtive Sample Sentences in News
- Adam Curtis: 'I try to make the complexity and chaos intelligible'
In his latest iPlayer-only film Bitter Lake, furtive filmmaker Adam Curtis uses his dreamlike documentary style to make sense of the west’s involvement in Afghanistan. But is he an audacious auteur or a dangerous contrarian? There’s a problem with power in the modern world, says Adam Curtis – it’s just too boring. “A few years ago I was filming in Silico Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'
- How Britain’s second world war spirit benefited science
A new exhibition illustrates the progress that was made in science during Churchill’s time as prime minister From radar scientists carrying out furtive field tests in the back of a van to nutritionists self-experimenting with unusual diets, the period surrounding the second world war inspired researchers to invent, develop and explore with a new fervour – or s Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'
- Miniseries tells tale of America's founders
“Sons of Liberty,” a three-part, six-hour series that airs starting Jan. 25, tells the back stories of the Founding Fathers and their furtive efforts to turn a colony into a country. Read more on this news related to 'Furtive'