Furtive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- secret and sly or sordid; "backstairs gossip"; "his low backstairs cunning"- A.L.Guerard; "backstairs intimacies"; "furtive behavior"
- marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a lurking prowler"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"; "someone skulking in the shadows"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Furtive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Furtive'
- Exagon Furtive-eGT: The Exagon Furtive-eGT is a four-seat electric grand tourer sports car produced by Exagon Motors. It was unveiled at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as a concept
- Furtive flycatcher: The furtive flycatcher (Ficedula disposita) is a species of bird in the family Muscicapidae. It is endemic to the Philippines. Its natural habitats are
- Furtive tuco-tuco: The furtive tuco-tuco (Ctenomys occultus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is endemic to Argentina. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. & Ojeda
- Furtive fallacy: The furtive fallacy is an informal fallacy of emphasis in which outcomes are asserted to have been caused by the malfeasance of decision makers. Historian
Words and phrases related to 'Furtive'