Furtive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- secret and sly or sordid; "backstairs gossip"; "his low backstairs cunning"- A.L.Guerard; "backstairs intimacies"; "furtive behavior"
- marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a lurking prowler"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"; "someone skulking in the shadows"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Furtive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Furtive'
- Furtive tuco-tuco: The furtive tuco-tuco (Ctenomys occultus) is a species of rodent in the family Ctenomyidae. It is endemic to Argentina. Bidau, C., Lessa, E. & Ojeda
- Furtive fallacy: The furtive fallacy is an informal fallacy of emphasis in which outcomes are asserted to have been caused by the malfeasance of decision makers. Historian
- Furtive flycatcher: The furtive flycatcher (Ficedula disposita) is a species of bird in the family Muscicapidae. It is endemic to the Philippines. Its natural habitats are
- Exagon Furtive-eGT: The Exagon Furtive-eGT is a four-seat electric grand tourer sports car produced by Exagon Motors. It was unveiled at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as a concept
Words and phrases related to 'Furtive'