Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fumbled'
Fumbled Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Fumble \Fum"ble\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Fumbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Fumbling.] [Akin to D. fommelen to crumple, fumble, Sw.
fumla to fusuble, famla to grope, Dan. famle to grope,
fumble, Icel. falme, AS. folm palm of the hand. See Feel,
and cf. Fanble, Palm.]
- To feel or grope about; to make awkward attempts to do or find something. Adams now began to fumble in his pockets. --Fielding.
- To grope about in perplexity; to seek awkwardly; as, to fumble for an excuse. --Dryden. My understanding flutters and my memory fumbles. --Chesterfield. Alas! how he fumbles about the domains. --Wordsworth.
- To handle much; to play childishly; to turn over and over. I saw him fumble with the sheets, and play with flowers. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fumbled'
Words and phrases related to 'Fumbled'
Fumbled Sample Sentences in News
- Vikings fumbled in handling the Adrian Peterson situation
The message from the team and the NFL is as muddled as ever as the Vikings place Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission list after reactivating him Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Fumbled'
- DeMarco Murray ready to carry load
Last week, Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray fumbled on his first carry. This week, he fumbled on his fourth. After slamming his helmet down and muttering to himself for a couple of minutes, he walked over to each starting offensive lineman and said he'd make up for his mistake. Did he ever. Murray finished with 29 carries for 167 yards, the third-hig Read more on this news related to 'Fumbled'
- Jones typifies Raiders' misplays
Oakland Raiders' James Jones fumbled the ball twice on the same play, the second one recovered by D.J. Swearinger at the Houston 3-yard line to negate a Raiders scoring opportunity. Read more on this news related to 'Fumbled'