Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Frowned'
Frowned Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Frown \Frown\, v. i. [imp. &, p. p. Frowned; p. pr. & vb. n.
Frowning.] [OF. froignier, F. frogner, in se refrogner, se
renfrogner, to knit the brow, to frown; perh. of Teutonic
origin; cf. It. in frigno wrinkled, frowning, Prov. It.
frignare to cringe the face, to make a wry face, dial. Sw.
fryna to make a wry face,]
- To contract the brow in displeasure, severity, or sternness; to scowl; to put on a stern, grim, or surly look. The frowning wrinkle of her brow. --Shak.
- To manifest displeasure or disapprobation; to look with disfavor or threateningly; to lower; as, polite society frowns upon rudeness. The sky doth frown and lower upon our army. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frowned'
- Frowned Upon: Frowned Upon is an intergender comedy duo made up of Devon T. Coleman and D'Arcy ... microsoft%3A*&q frowns&btnG Search+Images Types of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Frowned'
Frowned Sample Sentences in News
- VIDEO: Snooker 'frowned upon' for children
Former snooker world champion Terry Griffiths says despite a disappointing start to this year's World Snooker Championship, it was not over for Wales' future in the sport. Read more on this news related to 'Frowned'
- Filipinos nailed to cross in Easter ritual frowned on by church
By Erik de Castro CUTUD, Philippines (Reuters) - Nearly 20 Filipinos and a Danish filmmaker were nailed to crosses to re-enact the crucifixion of Christ on Good Friday, a practice the Roman Catholic Church frowns upon as a distortion of the Easter message. The annual Philippine ritual draws thousands of spectators to San Fernando, 80 km (50 miles) north of Manila, Read more on this news related to 'Frowned'
- Filipino devotees nailed to cross in Good Friday ritual
Easter crucifixion re-enactment in Philippines frowned upon by Catholic Church Read more on this news related to 'Frowned'