Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
Fronting Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Front \Front\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fronted; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner. You four shall front them in the narrow lane. --Shak.
- To appear before; to meet. [Enid] daily fronted him In some fresh splendor. --Tennyson.
- To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street. And then suddenly front the changed reality. --J. Morley.
- To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
- To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel. Yonder walls, that pertly front your town. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
- Th-fronting: Th-fronting refers to the pronunciation of the English "th" as "f" or "v". When th-fronting is applied, /θ/ becomes /f/ (for example, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fronting'
Fronting Sample Sentences in News
- Kristen Stewart 'in talks with Nike'
Kristen Stewart is rumoured to be in talks with Nike about fronting one of their campaigns. ... Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- Beyonce fronts new campaign for girl empowerment
Beyonce is fronting a new campaign called Ban Bossy, which encourages young girls to be leaders. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- Photos | Women farmers in Hacienda Luisita rise for justice vs Cojuangco land grabbing, repression
Fronting the huge tract of agricultural land in Brgy. Balete in Hacienda Luisita was a long concrete fence and a sign that said “Development soon to rise”. But on March 6, two days before the International Women’s Day, it was the women of Hacienda Luisita who rose. For months now, these women were among the [...] Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'