Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
Fronting Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Front \Front\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fronted; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner. You four shall front them in the narrow lane. --Shak.
- To appear before; to meet. [Enid] daily fronted him In some fresh splendor. --Tennyson.
- To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street. And then suddenly front the changed reality. --J. Morley.
- To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
- To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel. Yonder walls, that pertly front your town. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
- Th-fronting: Th-fronting refers to the pronunciation of the English "th" as "f" or "v". When th-fronting is applied, /θ/ becomes /f/ (for example, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fronting'