Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
Fronting Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Front \Front\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fronted; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner. You four shall front them in the narrow lane. --Shak.
- To appear before; to meet. [Enid] daily fronted him In some fresh splendor. --Tennyson.
- To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street. And then suddenly front the changed reality. --J. Morley.
- To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
- To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel. Yonder walls, that pertly front your town. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
- Th-fronting: Th-fronting refers to the pronunciation of the English "th" as "f" or "v". When th-fronting is applied, /θ/ becomes /f/ (for example, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fronting'
Fronting Sample Sentences in News
- Las Vegas: Guy Fieri opens restaurant fronting the Strip
Chef Guy Fieri returned to Las Vegas to open his newest restaurant on Thursday, 24 years after graduating from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- Def Leppard singer gets a kick fronting Mott tribute band
Nobody would have the audacity to try to school Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott on ’70s British hard rock. Wait, let me amend that. Nobody but Gene Simmons would have the audacity to try to school Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott on ’70s British hard rock. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- Sir Bruce Forsyth quits Strictly Come Dancing after fronting show for a decade
Sir Bruce Forsyth is stepping down as presenter of BBC1 series Strictly Come Dancing after a decade fronting the show, the BBC said on Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'