Fronting Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fronting'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fronting'
- Fronting: Fronting may refer to: acting as the most prominent member of a group, as in the case of a lead singer posing as something one is not, for example in the
- Fronting (phonology): other uses, see Fronting. In phonology, fronting is a sound change in which a vowel or consonant becomes fronted or advanced. Fronting may be triggered
- Th-fronting: Th-fronting refers to the pronunciation of the English "th" as "f" or "v". When th-fronting is applied, /θ/ becomes /f/ (for example, three is pronounced
Fronting Sample Sentences in News
- Fronting Policy
A risk management technique in which an insurer underwrites a policy to cover a specific risk, but then cedes to a reinsurer. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- ABC cleared over shirt-fronting skit
The ABC's "shirt-fronting" satire might have been "in poor taste", as opined by the Communications Minister, but ACMA says it did not breach the code of conduct. Read more on the blog... Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'
- Rabbi Abraham Glick resigns from Yeshivah College after fronting royal commission on child abuse
After fronting the Royal Commission on Institutional Responses to Child Abuse on Thursday, Rabbi Abraham Glick, the former principal of Melbourne's Yeshivah College over the period of David Cyprys' and David Kramer's sexual abuse of students, has resigned his current role of teacher. Read more on this news related to 'Fronting'