Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Frizzle'
Frizzle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- fry something until it curls and becomes crisp
- curl tightly; "crimp hair" [syn: crimp, crape, frizz, kink up, kink]
- Frizzle \Friz"zle\, v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Frizzled; p. pr.
& vb. n. Frizzling.] [Freq. of an imitative word frizz, in
- To fry, toast, or broil with a sputtering sound to cook with a sizzling noise. Also fig. --Hawthorne.
- To cook, in certain way, so as to curl or crinkle up. Drain and heat it [shaved smoked beef] in one tablespoonful of hot butter, to curl or frizzle it. --Mrs. Lincoln (Cook Book).
- Frizzle \Friz"zle\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Frizzled; p. pr. & vb.
n. Frizzling.] [Dim. of friz.]
To curl or crisp, as hair; to friz; to crinkle. --Gay.
To frizzle up, to crinkle or crisp excessively.
- Frizzle \Friz"zle\, n.
A curl; a lock of hair crisped. --Milton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frizzle'
- Frizzle: Frizzle may refer to: Frizzle (chicken), a chicken breed. Ms. Frizzle, a character in The Magic School Bus Frying See also : Frizzle Fry , an ...
- Frizzle (chicken): A Frizzle is a type of chicken with feathers that curl outwards, rather than laying flat as in most chickens. consider the Frizzle to be an ...
- Frizzle Fry: Frizzle Fry is the first studio album recorded by the band Primus . Suck on This , a live album, preceded its release. Released in 1990 on ...
- Frizzle Sizzle: Frizzle Sizzle were a Dutch teenage girl group of the 1980s. The four members of the group were Karin Vlasblom (born August 10, 1967), ...
- Frizzled: processes in developing and adult organisms Mutations in the human frizzled-4 receptor have been linked to familial exudative ...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 1: Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 also known as SFRP1 is a protein which in humans is encoded by the SFRP1 gene Function : frizzled-related ...
Words and phrases related to 'Frizzle'
Frizzle Sample Sentences in News
- No more frizzle in the drizzle
We've all been there. Walked fresh out of the salon proudly swishing a blow-dry, only for a sudden downpour to trigger hair chaos. Gone is the sleekness the stylist just spent 30 minutes perfecting, replaced with a fuzzy texture that looks like a damp mess. Read more on this news related to 'Frizzle'
- 10 GIFs That Prove Neil DeGrasse Tyson Rules the Cosmos
In Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Neil DeGrasse Tyson proves that not all TV CGI is inherently cheesy. Throughout the series' first five episodes, he acts as a modern-day Ms. Frizzle — zooming around the galaxy in his "Ship of Imagination," a WALL-E-inspired vehicle that has the magical properties of an upgraded ... More » Read more on this news related to 'Frizzle'