Frill Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (paleontology) a bony plate that curves upward behind the skull of many ceratopsian dinosaurs ,
- an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal ,
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim ,
- ornamental objects of no great value
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Frill'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frill'
- Frill: Frill may refer to: Frill (fashion), a form of trimming. Neck frill , the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of some ...
- Neck frill: Neck frill is the popular term for the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of reptile s with either a bony support ...
- Frill-necked lizard: Its name comes from the large frill around its neck, which usually stays folded against the lizard's body. It is largely arboreal , ...
- Oriental Frill: The Oriental Frill is a breed of fancy pigeon developed over many years of selective breeding It is originally a Turkish pigeon breed ...
- John Frill: John Edmond Frill (April 3, 1879 – September 28, 1918) was a Major League Baseball pitcher who played in 1910 and 1912 with the New York ...
- Domino Frill: The Domino Frill is a breed of fancy pigeon . Domino Frills, along with other varieties of domesticated pigeons , are all descendants ...
- Frill-necked monarch: The frill-necked monarch (Arses lorealis) is a species of songbird in the Monarchidae family. It is endemic to the rainforests of the ...
- Old Fashioned Oriental Frill: The Classic Oriental Frill is an exhibition breed of pigeon from the Owl family. It is a Turkish breed specially bred for the Ottoman ...
- No frills: Something offered to customers for no additional charge may be designated as a "frill" - for example, free drinks on airline journeys, or ...
Words and phrases related to 'Frill'
Frill Sample Sentences in News
- IndiGo inks USD 2.6 billion deal with Chinese bank ICBC
Indian and Chinese businesses on Wednesday inked agreements worth USD 3.43 billion, including the USD 2.6 billion deal between low-cost carrier IndiGo and China's largest Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC) . Under pact with IndiGo, ICBC will finance the no-frill airline's plans to purchase over 30 aircrafts. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- SpiceJet Rolls Out Limited-Period Special Offers
Rolling out yet another limited- period special fares offer, no-frill carrier SpiceJet today announced discounts on one-way all-inclusive fares starting as low as Rs 1,888. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- Policy on building low-cost airports expected soon
The Civil Aviation Ministry would soon finalise names of the first five of these 50 no-frill airports to be taken up first, official sources said here today. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'