Frill Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (paleontology) a bony plate that curves upward behind the skull of many ceratopsian dinosaurs ,
- an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal ,
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim ,
- ornamental objects of no great value
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Frill'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frill'
- Frill: Frill may refer to: Frill (fashion), a form of trimming Neck frill, the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of some reptiles Frill
- Frill-necked lizard: is the only member of the genus Chlamydosaurus. Its name cfrom the large frill around its neck, which usually stays folded against the lizard's body. It
- Neck frill: animals. For neck frills on clothing, see Ruff (clothing). Neck frill is the popular term for the relatively extensive margin seen on the back
- Frill-necked monarch: The frill-necked monarch (Arses lorealis) is a species of songbird in the Monarchidae family. It is endemic to the rainforests of the northern Cape York
- Frilled shark: Greek chlamy ("frill") and selachus ("shark"), and the Latin anguineus for "eel-like". Other common names for this species include frill shark, lizard
- John Frill: John Edmond Frill (April 3, 1879 – September 28, 1918) was a Major League Baseball pitcher who played in 1910 and 1912 with the New York Highlanders,
Words and phrases related to 'Frill'
Frill Sample Sentences in News
- AI, IndiGo flyers worst hit by flight delays in Jan: DGCA
Passengers of Air India and no-frill carrier IndiGo, which has best on-time performance record among the domestic airliners, were most affected due to delays of flights by over two hours in January, according to the DGCA data. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- Green panel okays airports at Belagavi, Ajmer
A high-level Environment Ministry panel has given the nod to the development of no-frill airports at Kishangarh in Rajasthan's Ajmer and Belagavi in Karnataka. The Expert Appraisal Committee for Projects related to Infrastructure Development, however, did not express a lenient view towards proposal by Airport Authority of India (AAI) to have a Greenfield Airpo Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- Environment min panel nod to airports at Ajmer, Belgaum
New Delhi, Feb 1 (PTI) A high-level Environment Ministry panel has accorded green signal to the development of no-frill airports at Kishangarh in Rajasthan's Ajmer and Belgaum in Karnataka. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'