Frill Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (paleontology) a bony plate that curves upward behind the skull of many ceratopsian dinosaurs ,
- an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal ,
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim ,
- ornamental objects of no great value
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Frill'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frill'
- Frill: Frill may refer to: Frill (fashion), a form of trimming Neck frill, the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of some reptiles Frill
- Frill-necked lizard: only member of the genus Chlamydosaurus. Its name comes from the large frill around its neck, which usually stays folded against the lizard's body. It
- Neck frill: animals. For neck frills on clothing, see Ruff (clothing). Neck frill is the popular term for the relatively extensive margin seen on the back
- Frill-necked monarch: The frill-necked monarch (Arses lorealis) is a species of songbird in the Monarchidae family. It is endemic to the rainforests of the northern Cape York
- Frilled shark: Greek chlamy ("frill") and selachus ("shark"), and the Latin anguineus for "snake-like". Other common names for this species include frill shark, lizard
- Oriental Frill: The Oriental Frill is a breed of fancy pigeon developed over many years of selective breeding. It is originally a Turkish pigeon breed specially bred
Words and phrases related to 'Frill'
Frill Sample Sentences in News
- Temporary relief for SpiceJet: Cash-strapped airline gets more time to raise funds
New Delhi, Dec 15: Suffering a total liability of about Rs 2,000 crore, beleaguered no-frill carrier SpiceJet on Monday approached the government and sought urgent financial help to run its daily operations. As per a TOI report, "The Centre has Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- Aldi pursues Rainbow customers with credit cards, coupons
Aldi’s no-frills supermarkets have added a “frill”: its 37 Minnesota stores now accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- SpiceJet seeks AI treatment from government
The no-frill airline wants govt bailout; says would not be able to run operations on its own; prepares employees for different eventualities Read more on this news related to 'Frill'