Frill Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (paleontology) a bony plate that curves upward behind the skull of many ceratopsian dinosaurs ,
- an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal ,
- a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim ,
- ornamental objects of no great value
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Frill'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Frill'
- Frill: Frill may refer to: Frill (fashion), a form of trimming. Neck frill , the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of some ...
- Neck frill: Neck frill is the popular term for the relatively extensive margin seen on the back of the heads of reptile s with either a bony support ...
- Frill-necked lizard: Its name comes from the large frill around its neck, which usually stays folded against the lizard's body. It is largely arboreal , ...
- Oriental Frill: The Oriental Frill is a breed of fancy pigeon developed over many years of selective breeding It is originally a Turkish pigeon breed ...
- John Frill: John Edmond Frill (April 3, 1879 – September 28, 1918) was a Major League Baseball pitcher who played in 1910 and 1912 with the New York ...
- Domino Frill: The Domino Frill is a breed of fancy pigeon . Domino Frills, along with other varieties of domesticated pigeons , are all descendants ...
- Frill-necked monarch: The frill-necked monarch (Arses lorealis) is a species of songbird in the Monarchidae family. It is endemic to the rainforests of the ...
- Old Fashioned Oriental Frill: The Classic Oriental Frill is an exhibition breed of pigeon from the Owl family. It is a Turkish breed specially bred for the Ottoman ...
- Frilled shark: Garman placed the new species in its own genus and family, and gave it the name Chlamydoselachus anguineus from the Greek chlamy ("frill ...
Words and phrases related to 'Frill'
Frill Sample Sentences in News
- No-frill carrier IndiGo remains market leader
Domestic carriers flew 28 per cent more people last month compared to a year ago, as no-frill carrier IndiGo remained the market leader by cornering 28 per cent share. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- IndiGo to acquire 250 Airbus A-320 neos
New Delhi: In the largest global aircraft order, no-frill carrier IndiGo today signed a MoU to acquire 250 of the latest Airbus A-320 neo aircraft worth over USD 25.5 billion or Rs 1.55 lakh crore, as per the list price per aircraft. The move came on the back of its previous orders of 100 A-320s in 2005 and another 180 A-320 neos in 2011 worth about USD 11 billion Read more on this news related to 'Frill'
- IndiGo places largest global aircraft order; to acquire 250 Airbus A-320 neos
In the largest global aircraft order, no-frill carrier IndiGo on Wednesday signed a MoU to acquire 250 of the latest Airbus A-320 neo aircraft worth over USD 25.5 billion or Rs 1.55 lakh crore, as per the list price per aircraft. Read more on this news related to 'Frill'