Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
Freshest Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Fresh \Fresh\, a. [Compar. Fresher; superl. Freshest.] [OE.
fresch, AS. fersc; akin to D. versch, G. frisch, OHG. frisc,
Sw. frisk, Dan. frisk, fersk, Icel. fr?skr frisky, brisk,
ferskr fresh; cf. It. fresco, OF. fres, freis, fem. freske,
fresche, F. frais, fem. fra?che, which are of German origin.
Cf. Fraischeur, Fresco, Frisk.]
- Possessed of original life and vigor; new and strong; unimpaired; sound.
- New; original; additional. ``Fear of fresh mistakes.'' --Sir W. Scott. A fresh pleasure in every fresh posture of the limbs. --Landor.
- Lately produced, gathered, or prepared for market; not stale; not dried or preserved; not wilted, faded, or tainted; in good condition; as, fresh vegetables, flowers, eggs, meat, fruit, etc.; recently made or obtained; occurring again; repeated; as, a fresh supply of goods; fresh tea, raisins, etc.; lately come or made public; as, fresh news; recently taken from a well or spring; as, fresh water.
- Youthful; florid; as, these fresh nymphs. --Shak.
- In a raw, green, or untried state; uncultivated; uncultured; unpracticed; as, a fresh hand on a ship.
- Renewed in vigor, alacrity, or readiness for action; as, fresh for a combat; hence, tending to renew in vigor; rather strong; cool or brisk; as, a fresh wind.
- Not salt; as, fresh water, in distinction from that which is from the sea, or brackish; fresh meat, in distinction from that which is pickled or salted. Fresh breeze (Naut.), a breeze between a moderate and a strong breeze; one blowinq about twenty miles an hour. Fresh gale, a gale blowing about forty-five miles an hour. Fresh way (Naut.), increased speed. Syn: Sound; unimpaired; recent; unfaded: ruddy; florid; sweet; good: inexperienced; unpracticed: unused; lively; vigorous; strong.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
- The Freshest Boy: The Freshest Boy is a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald published in The Saturday Evening Post 28 July 1928. Plot: The story centers around ...
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy: The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy is a film directed by Israel. It documents the development of B-Boy culture since its inception ...
Words and phrases related to 'Freshest'
Freshest Sample Sentences in News
- Froozer™ Branded Products and Patented Technology Readies to Enter the Market with Its Frozen Fruit Squeeze Tubes That ...
Froozers contain all of the anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals found naturally in the freshest vine ripened fruits and vegetables in a readily available form for the body to digest. (PRWeb March 10, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11640097.htm Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'
- What Katie Kim did next
Katie Kim is one of the freshest most innovative Irish artists of recent times. It was evident from her time in Waterford-based group Dae-kim that she was the beholder of something dark and mysterious, yet oozing with beauty and charisma. Her sickly sweet vocal has been her weapon from the beginning but she really took ... The post What Katie Kim did next appeared Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'
- Front Door Farms Delivers Next Day Freshness Direct From Local Farms
Front Door Farms, LLC launches a bold new direction in online retailing, providing consumers the freshest, highest quality produce delivered direct to their doorstep. The new website, FrontDoorFarms.com, provides customers access to an easy-to-use service, delivering freshness, quality and convenience. Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'