Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
Freshest Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Fresh \Fresh\, a. [Compar. Fresher; superl. Freshest.] [OE.
fresch, AS. fersc; akin to D. versch, G. frisch, OHG. frisc,
Sw. frisk, Dan. frisk, fersk, Icel. fr?skr frisky, brisk,
ferskr fresh; cf. It. fresco, OF. fres, freis, fem. freske,
fresche, F. frais, fem. fra?che, which are of German origin.
Cf. Fraischeur, Fresco, Frisk.]
- Possessed of original life and vigor; new and strong; unimpaired; sound.
- New; original; additional. ``Fear of fresh mistakes.'' --Sir W. Scott. A fresh pleasure in every fresh posture of the limbs. --Landor.
- Lately produced, gathered, or prepared for market; not stale; not dried or preserved; not wilted, faded, or tainted; in good condition; as, fresh vegetables, flowers, eggs, meat, fruit, etc.; recently made or obtained; occurring again; repeated; as, a fresh supply of goods; fresh tea, raisins, etc.; lately come or made public; as, fresh news; recently taken from a well or spring; as, fresh water.
- Youthful; florid; as, these fresh nymphs. --Shak.
- In a raw, green, or untried state; uncultivated; uncultured; unpracticed; as, a fresh hand on a ship.
- Renewed in vigor, alacrity, or readiness for action; as, fresh for a combat; hence, tending to renew in vigor; rather strong; cool or brisk; as, a fresh wind.
- Not salt; as, fresh water, in distinction from that which is from the sea, or brackish; fresh meat, in distinction from that which is pickled or salted. Fresh breeze (Naut.), a breeze between a moderate and a strong breeze; one blowinq about twenty miles an hour. Fresh gale, a gale blowing about forty-five miles an hour. Fresh way (Naut.), increased speed. Syn: Sound; unimpaired; recent; unfaded: ruddy; florid; sweet; good: inexperienced; unpracticed: unused; lively; vigorous; strong.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
- The Freshest Boy: The Freshest Boy is a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald published in The Saturday Evening Post 28 July 1928. Plot: The story centers around ...
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy: The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy is a film directed by Israel. It documents the development of B-Boy culture since its inception ...
Words and phrases related to 'Freshest'
Freshest Sample Sentences in News
- Food Trends At Their Freshest in San Diego
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- At first glance, it looked like a slimmed-down version of eggs Benedict. But for dinner? After one bite, however, I knew my taste buds had landed on one of my favorite new spring dishes in San Diego. BiCE Ristorante's thinly sliced Ahi Tuna -- served in a delicious stacked arrangement that includes zucchini, warm, creamy shallot sauce, Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'
- Carvel Ice Cream Celebrates Summer With The Great Chill with OREO(R)
Carvel… America's Freshest Ice Cream® has teamed up with America's Favorite Cookie® -- OREO® for The Great Chill with OREO®. This summer Carvel® will offer an array of products featuring OREO® cookie pieces ... Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'
- It's No Secret: Wendy's® Sponsors SELF Magazine's Workout In The Park Events To Bring You The Freshest Deal In Town
DUBLIN, Ohio, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- WHEN: Saturday, May 11 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. WHERE: Rumsey Playfield, Central Park Enter at 69 th Street & 5 th Avenue New York, NY 10021 WHAT: ... Read more on this news related to 'Freshest'