Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
Freshest Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Fresh \Fresh\, a. [Compar. Fresher; superl. Freshest.] [OE.
fresch, AS. fersc; akin to D. versch, G. frisch, OHG. frisc,
Sw. frisk, Dan. frisk, fersk, Icel. fr?skr frisky, brisk,
ferskr fresh; cf. It. fresco, OF. fres, freis, fem. freske,
fresche, F. frais, fem. fra?che, which are of German origin.
Cf. Fraischeur, Fresco, Frisk.]
- Possessed of original life and vigor; new and strong; unimpaired; sound.
- New; original; additional. ``Fear of fresh mistakes.'' --Sir W. Scott. A fresh pleasure in every fresh posture of the limbs. --Landor.
- Lately produced, gathered, or prepared for market; not stale; not dried or preserved; not wilted, faded, or tainted; in good condition; as, fresh vegetables, flowers, eggs, meat, fruit, etc.; recently made or obtained; occurring again; repeated; as, a fresh supply of goods; fresh tea, raisins, etc.; lately come or made public; as, fresh news; recently taken from a well or spring; as, fresh water.
- Youthful; florid; as, these fresh nymphs. --Shak.
- In a raw, green, or untried state; uncultivated; uncultured; unpracticed; as, a fresh hand on a ship.
- Renewed in vigor, alacrity, or readiness for action; as, fresh for a combat; hence, tending to renew in vigor; rather strong; cool or brisk; as, a fresh wind.
- Not salt; as, fresh water, in distinction from that which is from the sea, or brackish; fresh meat, in distinction from that which is pickled or salted. Fresh breeze (Naut.), a breeze between a moderate and a strong breeze; one blowinq about twenty miles an hour. Fresh gale, a gale blowing about forty-five miles an hour. Fresh way (Naut.), increased speed. Syn: Sound; unimpaired; recent; unfaded: ruddy; florid; sweet; good: inexperienced; unpracticed: unused; lively; vigorous; strong.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Freshest'
- The Freshest Boy: The Freshest Boy is a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald published in The Saturday Evening Post 28 July 1928. Plot: The story centers around ...
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy: The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy is a film directed by Israel. It documents the development of B-Boy culture since its inception ...