Fractious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome; "rockets were much too fractious to be tested near thigkly populated areas"; "fractious components of a communication system"
- easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fractious'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fractious'
Fractious Sample Sentences in News
- Asian Games/Swimming - Swim wars underline Asian Olympic threat
- China's fractious rivalry with Japan threatened to boil over into a politic row at the Asian Games as the regional superpowers fought tooth and nail for supremacy in the pool. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- The group that could help defeat ISIS
Barak Barfi says that arming the fractious Free Syrian Army won't topple ISIS. Washington should be working with Syrian Kurds, who are eager and able to destroy the behemoth. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Catholics, Protestants honor Paisley in Belfast
DUBLIN (AP) — Ian Paisley often divided Northern Ireland in life. But a memorial to the Protestant evangelist who struck a twilight peace with Catholics united the British territory's fractious leaders in hymns and prayers Sunday. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'