Fractious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome; "rockets were much too fractious to be tested near thigkly populated areas"; "fractious components of a communication system"
- easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fractious'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fractious'
Fractious Sample Sentences in News
- Asian Games/Swimming - Swim wars underline Asian Olympic threat
- China's fractious rivalry with Japan threatened to boil over into a politic row at the Asian Games as the regional superpowers fought tooth and nail for supremacy in the pool. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Venezuela's opposition tasks crusading journalist with uniting perennially fractious coalition
Venezuela's opposition parties have named a crusading journalist and political newcomer to head the perennially fractious coalition confronting President Nicolas Maduro's socialist government. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Fractious politics to test new Swedish leader's negotiating skills
By Simon Johnson STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - At the height of the global financial crisis trade union leader Stefan Lofven, now set to become Sweden's prime minister after Sunday's election, did the unthinkable and cut a deal with employers agreeing pay cuts and shorter hours. The deal, which some industrialists say helped many Swedish firms survive the crash, u Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'