Fractious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome; "rockets were much too fractious to be tested near thigkly populated areas"; "fractious components of a communication system"
- easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fractious'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fractious'
Fractious Sample Sentences in News
- Israelis, Lebanese fear countries edging toward war
JERUSALEM - Residents of Israel and Lebanon feared Wednesday that their countries were edging toward war after Israeli troops and the Lebanese Hezbollah militia exchanged deadly barrages across a fractious border earlier in the day. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- TD Eamon O Cuiv repeats prison officer murder claim
A Fianna Fail TD has again said that the murder of prison officer David Black was caused by “fractious” conditions inside the jail where he worked. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Glasgow Hawks 19 Melrose 12: Borderers pay price for indiscipline with BT Cup exit
Melrose ended this fractious, feisty contest with two players in the sin- bin and no place in the BT Cup. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'