Fractious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome; "rockets were much too fractious to be tested near thigkly populated areas"; "fractious components of a communication system"
- easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fractious'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fractious'
Fractious Sample Sentences in News
- Interim prime minister named in politically fractious Haiti
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — Health Minister Florence Duperval Guillaume was named as Haiti's interim prime minister on Sunday following the resignation of her predecessor a week ago amid a stalemate over delayed legislative elections. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Congo's fractious opposition struggles to mobilise against Kabila
By Aaron Ross KINSHASA (Reuters) - Democratic Republic of Congo's opposition parties are united in their demands that President Joseph Kabila should not stay in power when his term ends in 2016 but personal rivalries and infighting are hobbling efforts to mount an effective campaign. The opposition has accused Kabila -- who has ruled the mine Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'
- Israel edges closer to early election
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's fractious coalition government seems headed for a breakup that could spark new elections against a backdrop of security turmoil inside the country, disputes over nationalist legislation and a deep freeze in peace efforts with the Palestinians. Read more on this news related to 'Fractious'