Forthright Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me wh
- directly and without evasion; not roundabout; "to face a problem squarely"; "the responsibility lies squarely with them"; "spoke forthright (or forthrightly) and to the point"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Forthright'?
Words and phrases related to 'Forthright'
Forthright Sample Sentences in News
- Beale’s mum, gran set him straight
FORTHRIGHT words of advice from his mother Kathy and grandmother Norma have been ringing in the ears of Kurtley Beale. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Draghi Just Deliberately Tanked The Euro
This might be Draghi's most forthright speech ever on the dangers of low inflation. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Accuser described as outgoing, forthright, honest (2005)
But today, the 31-year-old woman has gained notoriety not for her successes on the basketball court, but for accusing Bill Cosby, her one-time mentor and Philadelphia's best-loved celebrity, of drugging and sexually assaulting her at his Montgomery County mansion last year. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'