Forthright Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me wh
- directly and without evasion; not roundabout; "to face a problem squarely"; "the responsibility lies squarely with them"; "spoke forthright (or forthrightly) and to the point"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Forthright'?
Words and phrases related to 'Forthright'
Forthright Sample Sentences in News
- Kathleen Sebelius on Obamacare: 'We were very forthright with the American public'
Former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius dismissed recently-unearthed comments from an adviser on President Obama's health care overhaul as "offensive" and "flat-out wrong," saying Monday there was an open process surrounding the law's passage. "I think that Professor Gruber's comments are just offensive and Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Gov’t hasn’t been forthright on Nayele cocaine saga – Effah-Dartey
A former Deputy Minister of Interior, Captain Nkrabeah Effah-Dartey (rtd) has charged government to set-up an independent probe into the circumstances surrounding the arrest of suspected cocaine courier, Nayele Ametefe. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Draghi Just Deliberately Tanked The Euro
This might be Draghi's most forthright speech ever on the dangers of low inflation. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'