Forthright Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me wh
- directly and without evasion; not roundabout; "to face a problem squarely"; "the responsibility lies squarely with them"; "spoke forthright (or forthrightly) and to the point"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Forthright'?
Words and phrases related to 'Forthright'
Forthright Sample Sentences in News
- US, UK Will ‘Not Be Cowed’ By Militants
"We will be more forthright in the defense of our values" Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Steve Smith Speaks Out On Domestic Violence Via Twitter
The Ravens wideout has a history of being very forthright with his opinions which has sometimes caused friction with teammates. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'
- Nobody would dare to behave badly with me: Bipasha Basu
Mumbai, Sep 13 (IANS) Actress Bipasha Basu, who describes herself as "fiery and forthright" has shot down "blind stories" of an unsavoury happening related to her on the set of Sajid Khan's "Humshakals", saying no one can "mess around" with her. Read more on this news related to 'Forthright'