Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Forfeited'
Forfeited Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Forfeit \For"feit\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Forfeited; p. pr. &
vb. n. Forfeiting.] [OE. forfeten. See Forfeit, n.]
To lose, or lose the right to, by some error, fault, offense,
or crime; to render one's self by misdeed liable to be
deprived of; to alienate the right to possess, by some
neglect or crime; as, to forfeit an estate by treason; to
forfeit reputation by a breach of promise; -- with to before
the one acquiring what is forfeited.
[They] had forfeited their property by their crimes.
Undone and forfeited to cares forever! --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Forfeited'
- Torquil MacLeod (forfeited clan chief): After Torquil had been forfeited by command of Parliament, he retired to his stronghold of Stornoway Castle. He had with him his kinsman ...
- Purchasers of Forfeited Estates, Ireland Act 1702: The Purchasers of Forfeited Estates, Ireland Act 1702 was an Act of Parliament of ... forfeited estates in Ireland" and its citation is 1 Anne c. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Forfeited'
Forfeited Sample Sentences in News
- You voted: Pensions should be forfeited upon felony conviction
Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'
- Malaysia Forfeited Right To Review Water Price, Says Singapore Minister
PIC: mD File SINGAPORE: When Malaysia decided not to review the water price under the Water Agreement in 1987, it has lost its right to review the price, says Singapore Minister for Foreign Affairs K. Shanmugam. Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'
- 2005 Bentley featured at Cleveland Police Auto Auction
On Saturday, March 15, 2014, beginning at 9 a.m., the Cleveland Police will be auctioning off vehicles that have been abandoned or forfeited to the City of Cleveland. Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'