Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Forfeited'
Forfeited Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Forfeit \For"feit\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Forfeited; p. pr. &
vb. n. Forfeiting.] [OE. forfeten. See Forfeit, n.]
To lose, or lose the right to, by some error, fault, offense,
or crime; to render one's self by misdeed liable to be
deprived of; to alienate the right to possess, by some
neglect or crime; as, to forfeit an estate by treason; to
forfeit reputation by a breach of promise; -- with to before
the one acquiring what is forfeited.
[They] had forfeited their property by their crimes.
Undone and forfeited to cares forever! --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Forfeited'
- Torquil MacLeod (forfeited clan chief): After Torquil had been forfeited by command of Parliament, he retired to his stronghold of Stornoway Castle. He had with him his kinsman ...
- Purchasers of Forfeited Estates, Ireland Act 1702: The Purchasers of Forfeited Estates, Ireland Act 1702 was an Act of Parliament of ... forfeited estates in Ireland" and its citation is 1 Anne c. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Forfeited'
Forfeited Sample Sentences in News
- Midtown skyscraper must be forfeited over Iran ties
A Midtown skyscraper must be forfeited by companies that control it as a front for the terror-supporting Iranian government, a Manhattan judge ruled. Proceeds from any potential sale of 650... Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'
- City wants forfeited lots for housing
THE Cebu City’s Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor (DWUP) wants some forfeited and unclaimed lots acquired by the City Government to be used as additional sites for its socialized housing program. Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'
- Marcos jewelry already forfeited
We refer to the news article titled “Marcoses oppose forfeiture of seized Malacañang jewelry” (News, 4/4/14). In the eighth paragraph, the report says that “Only the Malacañang collection has been declared forfeited by the court. No judgment has yet been handed down on the two other collections.” Read more on this news related to 'Forfeited'