Fluvial Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or relating to or happening in a river; "fluvial deposits"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fluvial'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fluvial'
- Fluvial: Fluvial is a term used in geography and geology to refer to the processes associated with rivers and streams and the deposits and landforms created by
- Fluvial terrace: (tectonic–climatic interaction). Fluvial terraces are elongated terraces that flank the sides of floodplains and fluvial valleys all over the world. They
- Fluvial landforms of streams: The fluvial landforms of streams, stream beds, and river valleys have various landforms. There are five generic classifications: Consequent streams
- Fluvial shiner: The fluvial shiner (Notropis edwardraneyi) is a species of ray-finned fish in the genus Notropis. Fluvial shiner on FishBase
Fluvial Sample Sentences in News
- Garmin’s GPSMAP 478 and 378 are nautical
You don’t need to consult the stars, or worse, wish on them anymore for directions. Garmin International introduces the GPSMAP 378 and GPSMAP 478, two GPS units which feature comprehensive maps of the United States’ terrestrial and fluvial domains. Read more on this news related to 'Fluvial'