Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Flotation'
Flotation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the phenomenon of floating (remaining on the surface of a liquid without sinking) [syn: floatation]
- financing a commercial enterprise by bond or stock shares [syn: floatation]
- Flotation \Flo*ta"tion\, n. (Com. & Finance)
Act of financing, or floating, a commercial venture or an
issue of bonds, stock, or the like.
- Flotation \Flo*ta"tion\, n. [Cf. F. flottation a floating,
flottaison water line, fr. flotter to float. See Flotilla.]
- The act, process, or state of floating.
- The science of floating bodies. Center of flotation. (Shipbuilding) (a) The center of any given plane of flotation. (b) More commonly, the middle of the length of the load water line. --Rankine. Plane, or Line, of flotation, the plane or line in which the horizontal surface of a fluid cuts a body floating in it. See Bearing, n., 9 (c) . Surface of flotation (Shipbuilding), the imaginary surface which all the planes of flotation touch when a vessel rolls or pitches; the envelope of all such planes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Flotation'
- Flotation: Flotation (historically spelled floatation) involves phenomena related to the relative buoyancy of objects. The term may refer to: ...
- Personal flotation device: A personal flotation device (abbreviated as PFD; also referred to as, lifejacket, life preserver, Mae West, life vest, life saver, cork ...
- Froth flotation: Froth flotation is a process for selectively separating hydrophobic materials from hydrophilic. This is used in several processing ...
- Flotation process: Flotation process (sometimes called flotation separation) is a method of separation widely used in the wastewater treatment and mineral ...
- Dissolved air flotation: Dissolved air flotation (DAF) is a water treatment process that clarifies wastewater s (or other waters) by the removal of suspended matter ...
Words and phrases related to 'Flotation'
Flotation Sample Sentences in News
- Revised standard for flotation aids
A new standard for flotation aids for water familiarization and swimming tuition has been published by Standards New Zealand. AS/NZS 1900:2014 Flotation aids for water familiarization and swimming tuition specifies the design and performance requirements for manufacturers of flotation aids. Read more on this news related to 'Flotation'
- Canada Carbon's Miller Graphite Flotation Concentrate Matches and Exceeds Several Properties of Synthetic Graphite
Canada Carbon Inc. is pleased to provide an update on its Miller graphite characterization research activities. Evans Analytical Group, at Liverpool, New York, has confirmed that several properties of ... Read more on this news related to 'Flotation'
- Buyout offer from Blavatnik sends Perform shares surging back to flotation price
Len Blavatnik's investment group Access Industries made a bid to take sports rights group Perform (PER.L) private on Monday, sending Perform shares soaring back to their flotation price after a bumpy three-year ride. Perform buys online rights to major sports events and supplies video clips, live action and sports news and data to media groups and bookmakers. Read more on this news related to 'Flotation'