Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fleshing'
Fleshing Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Flesh \Flesh\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fleshed; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To feed with flesh, as an incitement to further exertion; to initiate; -- from the practice of training hawks and dogs by feeding them with the first game they take, or other flesh. Hence, to use upon flesh (as a murderous weapon) so as to draw blood, especially for the first time. Full bravely hast thou fleshed Thy maiden sword. --Shak. The wild dog Shall flesh his tooth on every innocent. --Shak.
- To glut; to satiate; hence, to harden, to accustom. ``Fleshed in triumphs.'' --Glanvill. Old soldiers Fleshed in the spoils of Germany and France. --Beau. & Fl.
- (Leather Manufacture) To remove flesh, membrance, etc., from, as from hides.
- Fleshing \Flesh"ing\, n.
A person devoted to fleshly things. [Obs.] --Spenser.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fleshing'
Words and phrases related to 'Fleshing'
Fleshing Sample Sentences in News
- Committees in Mexico's lower house pass energy reform bills
Committees in Mexico's lower house on Saturday approved laws fleshing out a landmark energy reform that seeks to drive private investment into the long-shuttered sector. The so-called secondary laws, which detail the implementation of the constitutional energy reform passed last year, will head to the floor of the lower house, where lawmakers will debate them Read more on this news related to 'Fleshing'
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Deemed Best Tablet Display On The Market By Researchers
Microsoft's Surface hybrid tablet line-up may have been met initially with a lukewarm reception on the company's first effort out of the gate, costing them a cool $900 million once upon a time, but there is little question that Redmond has been making significant improvements to the product and fleshing out its ecosystem better with each iteration. It also Read more on this news related to 'Fleshing'
- Christopher Walken to voice King Louie in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
A few weeks ago, NBC announced that the veteran actor will play Captain Hook in "Peter Pan Live," the musical coming to the small screen this December. Now Disney reveals that Christopher Walken is set to play another iconic children's book character, this time in a new film adaptation of "The Jungle Book." After casting the young actor Nee Read more on this news related to 'Fleshing'