Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fission'
Fission Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a nuclear reaction in which a massive nucleus splits into smaller nuclei with the simultaneous release of energy [syn: nuclear fission]
- reproduction of some unicellular organisms by division of the cell into two more or less equal parts
- Fission \Fis"sion\, n. [L. fissio. See Fissure.]
- A cleaving, splitting, or breaking up into parts.
- (Biol.) A method of asexual reproduction among the lowest (unicellular) organisms by means of a process of self-division, consisting of gradual division or cleavage of the into two parts, each of which then becomes a separate and independent organisms; as when a cell in an animal or plant, or its germ, undergoes a spontaneous division, and the parts again subdivide. See Segmentation, and Cell division, under Division.
- (Zo["o]l.) A process by which certain coral polyps, echinoderms, annelids, etc., spontaneously subdivide, each individual thus forming two or more new ones. See Strobilation.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fission'
- Fission: Fission is a splitting of something into two parts. Fission may refer to: In physics, nuclear fission is a process where a large atomic ...
- Nuclear fission: In nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry , nuclear fission is a nuclear reaction in which the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller ...
- Fission (biology): In biology, fission is the subdivision of a body, population, or species into parts and the regeneration of those parts into separate ...
- Fission (band): Fission is a Swedish melodic death metal band formed in 2002. The band began as Benny Hägglund's personal project, with the hopes of ...
- Fission (album): Fission is a studio album by keyboardist Jens Johansson , released in 1998 through Heptagon Records (Europe ), Pony Canyon, Inc. (Japan ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fission'
Fission Sample Sentences in News
- Fission Hits Total Composite of 30.8m "Off-Scale" at Line 810, 2nd Best Scint Result to Date
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce results from four new holes at its PLS property in Saskatchewan's Athabasca Basin. Of exceptional note is hole PLS14-164 . With 30.08m of total composite off-scale ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'
- Fission Merges Zones with More Off-scale Drilling
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce results from the latest twenty holes of the winter program at its PLS property in Saskatchewan's Athabasca Basin, Canada. All twenty holes returned strong, ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'
- Fission Hits 16.18m Total Composite "Off-Scale" in 85.5m Total Composite Mineralization (Line 540E)
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce results from the latest four holes of the winter program at its PLS property in Saskatchewan's Athabasca Basin, Canada. All four holes returned strong, wide ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'