Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fission'
Fission Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a nuclear reaction in which a massive nucleus splits into smaller nuclei with the simultaneous release of energy [syn: nuclear fission]
- reproduction of some unicellular organisms by division of the cell into two more or less equal parts
- Fission \Fis"sion\, n. [L. fissio. See Fissure.]
- A cleaving, splitting, or breaking up into parts.
- (Biol.) A method of asexual reproduction among the lowest (unicellular) organisms by means of a process of self-division, consisting of gradual division or cleavage of the into two parts, each of which then becomes a separate and independent organisms; as when a cell in an animal or plant, or its germ, undergoes a spontaneous division, and the parts again subdivide. See Segmentation, and Cell division, under Division.
- (Zo["o]l.) A process by which certain coral polyps, echinoderms, annelids, etc., spontaneously subdivide, each individual thus forming two or more new ones. See Strobilation.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fission'
- Fission: Fission is a splitting of something into two parts. Fission may refer to: In physics, nuclear fission is a process where a large atomic ...
- Nuclear fission: In nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry , nuclear fission is a nuclear reaction in which the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller ...
- Fission (biology): In biology, fission is the subdivision of a body, population, or species into parts and the regeneration of those parts into separate ...
- Fission (band): Fission is a Swedish melodic death metal band formed in 2002. The band began as Benny Hägglund's personal project, with the hopes of ...
- Fission (album): Fission is a studio album by keyboardist Jens Johansson , released in 1998 through Heptagon Records (Europe ), Pony Canyon, Inc. (Japan ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fission'
Fission Sample Sentences in News
- Fission Summer Program Hits Off-scale Mineralization in 7 Angled Holes; Expands R780E Zone into New Area
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce results from the first fourteen drill holes of the summer drill program at its PLS property in Canada's Athabasca Basin. Of particular note is hole PLS14-230 ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'
- Fission Hits 10.35% U3O8 Over 14.0m (Line 705E); Potential to Connect Zones Increases
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce assay results from eight holes drilled at its Patterson Lake South property in Saskatchewan's Athabasca Basin, Canada. Of particular note are holes PLS14-200 ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'
- Fission Hits 23.53% U3O8 over 4.0m (line 555E) Six Other High-Grade Assays
FISSION URANIUM CORP. is pleased to announce assay results from six drill-holes drilled in the R780E zone and one hole drilled in the R1155E zone at its Patterson Lake South property in Saskatchewan's ... Read more on this news related to 'Fission'