Filius Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Filius'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Filius'
- Divi filius: son Octavian styled himself Divi filius (son of the deified one, son of the god). The fuller form, "divi Iuli filius" (son of the divine Julius) was also
- Filius philosophorum: it assumes its own symbolic meanings. Other terms for the filius philosophorum include filius sapientiae ("child of wisdom"), infans noster ("our child")
- Terræ filius: Oxford-Act (1693) contains a terræ filius speech, and is attributed to Alicia D'Anvers. Nicholas Amherst took Terrae-filius, Or, The Secret History of the
- Misericors Dei Filius: Misericors Dei Filius is the title of the 1883 "Constitution On the Law of the Franciscan Third Order" by Pope Leo XIII. In it Leo XIII declared that wearing
- Dei Filius: Dei Filius is the incipit of the dogmatic constitution of the First Vatican Council on the Catholic faith, which was adopted unanimously on 24 April 1870