Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
Filipino Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to or characteristic of the Philippines or
its people or customs; "the Philippine President"; "our
Filipino cook" [syn: Philippine]
- a native or inhabitant of the Philippines
- official language of the Philippines; based on Tagalog; draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages [syn: Philippine]
- Filipino \Fil`i*pi"no\, n.; pl. Filipinos. [Sp.]
A native of the Philippine Islands, specif. one of Spanish
descent or of mixed blood.
Then there are Filipinos, -- ``children of the
country,'' they are called, -- who are supposed to be
pure-blooded descendants of Spanish settlers. But there
are few of them without some touch of Chinese or native
blood. --The Century.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
- Filipino people: The Filipino people are an ethnic group primarily located in the Philippines . There are about 92 million Filipinos in the Philippines and ...
- Filipino: Filipino may refer to: be used also as a qualifier or adjective in certain instances, though Filipino is more appropriate for casual usage). ...
- Filipino American: Filipino Americans are Americans of Filipino ancestry. Filipino Americans, often shortened to "Fil-Ams reside mainly in the continental ...
- Filipino language: Filipino is a prestige register of the Tagalog language and the name under which Tagalog is designated the national language and one of ...
- Filipino Canadian: Filipino Canadians are Canadians of Filipino ancestry. Filipino-Canadians are the fourth-largest subgroup of the Overseas Filipino s. ...
- Overseas Filipino: An Overseas Filipino is a person of Philippine origin who lives outside of the Philippines . both to people of Filipino ancestry who are ...
Words and phrases related to 'Filipino'
Filipino Sample Sentences in News
- Filipino Americans in metro Detroit rally to help after typhoon
Over the past few months, Filipino Americans in metro Detroit and across the U.S. have responded to the typhoon with relief efforts, both on a personal and collective level. In metro Detroit, the community has raised more than $120,000 to help victims of the typhoon, which killed more than 6,000 people, local leaders said. Nationwide, Filipino Americans have raise Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'
- Filipino classical singers featured in German opera houses
On April 12, 16 and 21, the opera world will be watching when Filipino tenor Arthur Espiritu sings Edmondo in Puccini’s “Manon Lescaut” at the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden, the biggest opera house in Germany. Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'
- Hawaii Flores de Mayo Festival to celebrate Filipino compassion, optimism
Hawaii's largest celebration of Filipino culture enters its 22nd year with the expanded 2014 Flores de Mayo Festival. Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'