Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
Filipino Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to or characteristic of the Philippines or
its people or customs; "the Philippine President"; "our
Filipino cook" [syn: Philippine]
- a native or inhabitant of the Philippines
- official language of the Philippines; based on Tagalog; draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages [syn: Philippine]
- Filipino \Fil`i*pi"no\, n.; pl. Filipinos. [Sp.]
A native of the Philippine Islands, specif. one of Spanish
descent or of mixed blood.
Then there are Filipinos, -- ``children of the
country,'' they are called, -- who are supposed to be
pure-blooded descendants of Spanish settlers. But there
are few of them without some touch of Chinese or native
blood. --The Century.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
- Filipino people: The Filipino people are an ethnic group primarily located in the Philippines . There are about 92 million Filipinos in the Philippines and ...
- Filipino: Filipino may refer to: be used also as a qualifier or adjective in certain instances, though Filipino is more appropriate for casual usage). ...
- Filipino American: Filipino Americans are Americans of Filipino ancestry. Filipino Americans, often shortened to "Fil-Ams reside mainly in the continental ...
- Filipino language: Filipino is a prestige register of the Tagalog language and the name under which Tagalog is designated the national language and one of ...
- Filipino Canadian: Filipino Canadians are Canadians of Filipino ancestry. Filipino-Canadians are the fourth-largest subgroup of the Overseas Filipino s. ...
- Overseas Filipino: An Overseas Filipino is a person of Philippine origin who lives outside of the Philippines . both to people of Filipino ancestry who are ...
Words and phrases related to 'Filipino'
Filipino Sample Sentences in News
- The Filipino Exclusion Act of 1934
According to federal immigration authorities, 52,193 “unaccompanied alien children” were apprehended on the Southwest border of the U.S. since October of 2013, nearly twice the number apprehended during the same period in the last year. This surge of children primarily from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are spurring demands from congressional Republicans Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'
- Ailing Filipino illegals seek assistance from community leaders
Several filipino women who are illegally residing in the Kingdom have approached community leaders for help to go home to the Philippines after falling ill, according to a source. "Community leaders told them that procedures for going home are no longer the same as during the amnesty period and that it's back to the old procedure of going back to the empl Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'
- Filipino hostages' release sparks hope for talks
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — The release of four police officers abducted by Filipino communist guerrillas has sparked hopes that stalled peace talks will resume, a government official said Wednesday, although major obstacle remains. Read more on this news related to 'Filipino'