Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
Filipino Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to or characteristic of the Philippines or
its people or customs; "the Philippine President"; "our
Filipino cook" [syn: Philippine]
- a native or inhabitant of the Philippines
- official language of the Philippines; based on Tagalog; draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages [syn: Philippine]
- Filipino \Fil`i*pi"no\, n.; pl. Filipinos. [Sp.]
A native of the Philippine Islands, specif. one of Spanish
descent or of mixed blood.
Then there are Filipinos, -- ``children of the
country,'' they are called, -- who are supposed to be
pure-blooded descendants of Spanish settlers. But there
are few of them without some touch of Chinese or native
blood. --The Century.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Filipino'
- Filipino people: The Filipino people are an ethnic group primarily located in the Philippines . There are about 92 million Filipinos in the Philippines and ...
- Filipino: Filipino may refer to: be used also as a qualifier or adjective in certain instances, though Filipino is more appropriate for casual usage). ...
- Filipino American: Filipino Americans are Americans of Filipino ancestry. Filipino Americans, often shortened to "Fil-Ams reside mainly in the continental ...
- Filipino language: Filipino is a prestige register of the Tagalog language and the name under which Tagalog is designated the national language and one of ...
- Filipino Canadian: Filipino Canadians are Canadians of Filipino ancestry. Filipino-Canadians are the fourth-largest subgroup of the Overseas Filipino s. ...
- Overseas Filipino: An Overseas Filipino is a person of Philippine origin who lives outside of the Philippines . both to people of Filipino ancestry who are ...
Words and phrases related to 'Filipino'