Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Feverishly'
Feverishly Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adv : in a feverish manner; "she worked feverishly"
- Feverish \Fe"ver*ish\, a.
- Having a fever; suffering from, or affected with, a moderate degree of fever; showing increased heat and thirst; as, the patient is feverish.
- Indicating, or pertaining to, fever; characteristic of a fever; as, feverish symptoms.
- Hot; sultry. ``The feverish north.'' --Dryden.
- Disordered as by fever; excited; restless; as, the feverish condition of the commercial world. Strive to keep up a frail and feverish bing. --Milton. -- Fe"ver*ish*ly, adv. -- Fe"ver*ish*ness, n.